• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best dessert?

He is definitely that. He would sit with us at Rogue most nights we were in there (we went a lot) and would usually end up getting obliterated at our table. He had a significant drinking problem and a nasty temper to go with it. From talking to the staff over the years, everyone liked him as a person but he was incredibly difficult to work with/for. I really do miss Rogue though. We always had a great time in there and became really close with a number of the staff. Even thought it's been a few years, we still see a number of them at places across town and usually end up getting some pretty decent hookups.

Ha that makes a lot of sense. First time we went the food and drink was excellent, but the food was all like single bites with nothing every approaching the size of a main course. The drink pairing were all hard alcohol, often full pours - the table ranged from hammered to absolutely hammered by the end.

Second visit the balance was much better but Cooper absolutely ripped into a customer. Never had a dull night in that joint, for sure. They did some crazy freeze-dried fois gras thing that sounded like it would be horrible and it was amazing.

Not sure if this counts as dessert, but I love a good doughnut. My sister just moved from Shreveport which for some reason has a glut of excellent doughnut shops. And there's this one that does a big king cake doughnut at Mardi Gras time that is amazing.

At least one restaurant offers Krispy Kreme bread pudding. I haven't tried it and even when I do I may not be able to decide whether it was a waste of perfectly good doughnuts.

Ha that makes a lot of sense. First time we went the food and drink was excellent, but the food was all like single bites with nothing every approaching the size of a main course. The drink pairing were all hard alcohol, often full pours - the table ranged from hammered to absolutely hammered by the end.

Second visit the balance was much better but Cooper absolutely ripped into a customer. Never had a dull night in that joint, for sure. They did some crazy freeze-dried fois gras thing that sounded like it would be horrible and it was amazing.

I remember the mushroom soup and the uni noodle dish most fondly, but yeah it was always an adventure. The first time I met him was at Vidalia or somewhere he was before Rogue and it was restaurant week lol. Whatever the beef dish was it came out super overcooked and he brought out a bottle of port and discussed how plebes don't really like medium rare or some shit and thanks for sending it back. twas hammered at the time, turned into a great night.

Back