• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

Honestly just tell everyone but Alabama/Clemson/LSU/Ohio State to pack it in until spring, put those 4 teams in a bubble for 3 months to train and scrimmage, then play the semifinals and national championship in late November. Problem solved, season complete as it would be in normal circumstances.

Televise the scrimmages and you might be on to something.

I honestly don't care if the Big Ten and PAC 12 play their inferior football this fall or in the spring or ever again.

Things to watch next spring: Baseball, NHL Playoffs, Golf, NCAA Tournament

Things I don't need to watch next spring: Big 10 and Pac-12 football (oh wait, I don't watch those in the fall as it is).

Clawson needs to put out some feelers and see if he can get some transfer linebackers who want to play football.

PAC-12 has canceled, official announcement in about 40 min. Big 12 presidents and ADs have a call scheduled for 5pm CT today, that will likely decide whether everyone gets canceled or not.

PAC12 postpones football season.

Bob Bowlsby is a clown.

I’m sure the BIG’s decision was just about their precious research consortium anyway.

I gather you think that the "mighty ACC" is a better football conference than the PAC12? Dream on.

I gather you think that the "mighty ACC" is a better football conference than the PAC12? Dream on.

Seriously? The PAC 12? Bill Walton, is that you? Any other conference and you might have some credibility. Come back and play again someday. Tell us how good the PAC 12 is in hoops too.

Nothing better than conference smack talk from fans of a middle of the road program.

The ACC has now moved ahead of the Big Ten and PAC 12 in college football gravitas.

The ACC isn't in the same stratosphere as the B1G in college football gravitas. This could definitely bridge the gap some, though.

B1G programs are about to get crushed in recruiting. Really hoping tOSU/Nebraska call the B1G's bluff and leave for this season. Where the hell is this $50 million they'd potentially be forfeiting going to come from? Ad revenue from B1G Network reruns? Unfortunately, Gene Smith is a flopping wet douche who somehow survived when Tressel got fired and outlived Urban Meyer.

Y'all really think the ACC and SEC playing in a pandemic will be a big boost for recruiting against programs that don't? There might be a small boost just because there's not as much on TV, so programs that were usually buried will get more press. But I don't really see the boost lasting beyond a year or two.

tOSU is a national recruiting program. Why would you go there when they play in a conference plagued by sex scandals, gloomy weather, and college presidents who make decisions based on which way the wind is blowing ?

tOSU is a national recruiting program. Why would you go there when they play in a conference plagued by sex scandals, gloomy weather, and college presidents who make decisions based on which way the wind is blowing ?

Because 18 year olds don't usually give a shit about that, they care about the newest Nike apparel, the coolest facilities, and getting to the NFL, things that Ohio State still has giant advantages over every ACC school except Clemson (and maybe Florida State if you want to be extremely generous).

Yeah, but a lot of those kids are going to tOSU because they can't hack it at SEC schools or Clemson in the first place and see it as a location where they can get early playing time agains plodding opponents. Competent coaching at UNC-CH, NC State, Louisville, and VT could change the balance of power overnight, and it's already happening in Chapel Hill and Louisville.

And don't even get me started on FSU.

Yeah, but a lot of those kids are going to tOSU because they can't hack it at SEC schools or Clemson in the first place and see it as a location where they can get early playing time agains plodding opponents. Competent coaching at UNC-CH, NC State, Louisville, and VT could change the balance of power overnight, and it's already happening in Chapel Hill and Louisville.

And don't even get me started on FSU.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that a lot of players at Ohio State would also get playing time at SEC schools and Clemson. Also, I find it hard to believe any ACC team can all of a sudden get to a level "overnight" that would have them as a playoff candidate let alone annual national title contender. It'll take a lot more than some good coaching to get any ACC school outside of Clemson to the level that Ohio State is at. Shit it will take a lot more to get them to Wisconsin/Penn State level.

Back