• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

Yeah, but a lot of those kids are going to tOSU because they can't hack it at SEC schools or Clemson in the first place and see it as a location where they can get early playing time agains plodding opponents. Competent coaching at UNC-CH, NC State, Louisville, and VT could change the balance of power overnight, and it's already happening in Chapel Hill and Louisville.

And don't even get me started on FSU.

This statement is so ridiculous that I don't know where to start. Wow! So all of Ohio State's 5 star recruits chose to go there because they couldn't hack it in the SEC? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the number of first round draft picks they have produced or the national stage they play on every week. And these kids go to OSU knowing that they are probably going to sit behind another All-American for two years before they see the field. Only a handful of programs in the country have that kind of depth on their roster.

And if you think the Big 10 is a bunch of plodding oafs, you clearly don't watch a lot of football.

Hate on Ohio State and the Big all you want, but don't ignore facts.

And no one in the Big is afraid of anyone in the ACC outside of Clemson, the only top tier team in the conference.

Yeah, but a lot of those kids are going to tOSU because they can't hack it at SEC schools or Clemson in the first place and see it as a location where they can get early playing time agains plodding opponents. Competent coaching at UNC-CH, NC State, Louisville, and VT could change the balance of power overnight, and it's already happening in Chapel Hill and Louisville.

And don't even get me started on FSU.

Is this a serious post? It's an attempt at humor, right?

UNC-CH would be a top 5 team in the B1G this year in Mack's second year. Sheer incompetence is the only think keeping FSU from being a perennial powerhouse.

Justin Fields couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm for a starting job.

Wow!!!!! Are you really trying to say that Jake Fromm is better than Justin Fields? Kirby Smart is just an idiot for leaving him on the bench. Ryan Day developed Fields to being possibly the number 1 pick in the draft after one year.

UNC-CH would be a top 5 team in the B1G this year in Mack's second year. Sheer incompetence is the only think keeping FSU from being a perennial powerhouse.

In the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend"

Someone who is a more frequent visitor of this forum than I needs to tell me if this is just trolling or not lol

With about 40 teams playing college football, securing top 25 ranking will be a lot easier. WF could have multiple all-americans this year.

With about 40 teams playing college football, securing top 25 ranking will be a lot easier. WF could have multiple all-americans this year.

Again, how Wake Forest is it that we've actually got 3 real all-american candidates, Basham, Sciba and Surratt, and it would be devalued because only a 3rd of the teams even play this year.

Wow!!!!! Are you really trying to say that Jake Fromm is better than Justin Fields? Kirby Smart is just an idiot for leaving him on the bench. Ryan Day developed Fields to being possibly the number 1 pick in the draft after one year.

Huh ? Who's picking fields over Lawrence ? Especially after Fields doesn't even play this year and just goes into the draft.

Maybe if Fields had stuck around he would have beaten out Fromm last year or taken over during the USC game.

It's worth pointing out that the last local quarterback tOSU had was Cardale Jones who is currently toiling in the XFL while Lawrence, Fields, and Fromm are all from Georgia, as well as Cam Newton and DeShaun Watson.

Countering my own argument, one must wonder if Fields would have been the starter if Burrow had stuck around Columbus, or if Burrow is just a system QB.

The space before the question mark gives it away. So Paul Hogan is the next persona. BiffTannen hits the trash pile next to HeavyPetter

The chairman of the medical advisory team has some interesting takes in the N&O this morning.

He basically says 'this is safe' and then follows with 'you can't tell me football is supposed to be played in a zero risk environment!!!!'

No mention of how players would be conduits to the broader institution, etc.

The chairman of the medical advisory team has some interesting takes in the N&O this morning.

He basically says 'this is safe' and then follows with 'you can't tell me football is supposed to be played in a zero risk environment!!!!'

No mention of how players would be conduits to the broader institution, etc.

It is almost as if you can always find an expert to say what you need to say whenever you need them to say it

It is almost as if you can always find an expert to say what you need to say whenever you need them to say it

yeah, I mean if you're the Pac 12, and a group of athletes says "we're not playing unless you share 50% of the revenue", you can probably find someone to say it's too dangerous to play

Hey Mitch, you are pathetic.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...s-trustees-confident-campus-ready/3313442001/

Record enrollment ? Bring it on.

Football for 85 ? Impossible.

“Is it the right decision. Yes,” Daniels said. “Can we do it? We don’t know. … This is an issue everywhere for every school trying to do the very same thing. There might be a place that’s done more than we have. We just don’t know who it is. …

“No one can say with confidence that we can make it to Thanksgiving,” Daniels said, referring to the last week of in-person classes before Purdue rounds out the semester with the final weeks done remotely.

“If we don’t try, the damage is certain, including the damage to the community,” Daniels said. “We realize that despite everything we’ve done, we might be overwhelmed, like others have been. But it’s the right thing to do to try.”

So is Biff : Wake Forest Sports :: RJ : Tunnels?

The best is we are well positioned for the basketball season. We suffered through 30 horrific years of a stadium built for social distancing apparently because we are smarter than every other school and knew a pandemic was coming.

Glad that's finally going to pay off for us.

The best is we are well positioned for the basketball season. We suffered through 30 horrific years of a stadium built for social distancing apparently because we are smarter than every other school and knew a pandemic was coming.

Glad that's finally going to pay off for us.

One of your best posts.

Back