• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

Lol, when you get to the end of that terrible list, you find an endorsement of HCQ treatments, a claim that the WHO forbids contact tracing, and crediting Snowden for predicting the pandemic.

Saw some protesters today, there signs were pretty shitty and in small print but what I gathered was there have been no Covid-19 deaths and masks lie.

Chick Fil A says the kickoff games are on with reduced capacity.

Lol, when you get to the end of that terrible list, you find an endorsement of HCQ treatments, a claim that the WHO forbids contact tracing, and crediting Snowden for predicting the pandemic.

Russian GRU gonna GRU...

Yeah, definitely hasn't been decided that they are "on" yet....what Stokan is saying is that the games definitely WILL NOT be played if they are forced to proceed with no fans in the stands, because the ticket sales are the main driver of the payout to the schools for these games (they don't really have "TV money", as that already belongs to the conferences). One of the reasons why the ticket prices for these neutral site games are so high to begin with.

It’s about time to shift to talk toward a Spring season. More and more universities are going to move everything online for the Fall.

David Pollock just said the FCS should play their season in the spring and do that on a permanent basis? Said that would help the FCS not be in the FBS’s shadow and give us more football. I hate that idea, fall is football season and kind of dumb to have different levels of college football playing seasons at different times. I mean do whatever you got to do to get through the COVID situation, play this fall with reduced or no fans, every level play their season this spring or don’t have a season at all, but as soon as possible just get back to normal.

I don't hate it because I don't give a fuck about FCS.

NCAA should allow old guys with remaining eligibility to suit up and play if they sign a waiver.

Ph to Biff for a TD !

Bad call. Ph would never sign that waiver just so he can be on ACC Network at 9 PM on a Thursday.

NCAA should allow old guys with remaining eligibility to suit up and play if they sign a waiver.

Ph to Biff for a TD !

Universities sponsoring semi-pro alumni teams for one season while campus are closed is an interesting thought.

Bad call. Ph would never sign that waiver just so he can be on ACC Network at 9 PM on a Thursday.

Wouldn't you be playing on CBS at 3:30 on Saturday anyway?

Ph to Biff for a TD !

Your'e recruiting a guy that, I'm pretty confident, never even played any junior varsity sport in high school?

My mother chose to go to an assisted living facility, even though she was in good health and completely with it, because of all the social activities offered. She loved everything about it until March when they basically went on lockdown...no more communal dining, music, card games, exercise classes or happy hour. I think she's clinically depressed and she says she feels like she's incarcerated.

That's really tough. At least she's not in a state run by Andrew Cuomo though

My mother chose to go to an assisted living facility, even though she was in good health and completely with it, because of all the social activities offered. She loved everything about it until March when they basically went on lockdown...no more communal dining, music, card games, exercise classes or happy hour. I think she's clinically depressed and she says she feels like she's incarcerated.

It's been truly awful for those in nursing homes. Yet, even fancy and expensive senior living facilities have been on lock down. My wife and i had considered such a move, but no way until all this is over.

Back