• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

Likely that UConn would be a candidate for #16. Their football team is shopping for a conference home.

UConn is not happening as long as BC is a member. Adding UConn to the ACC would basically be saving their entire athletics department, except for women's basketball.

ETA: Let's not derail this into an expansion thread. Expansion is not about to happen. We've discussed all the scenarios before.

Last edited:
Likely that UConn would be a candidate for #16. Their football team is shopping for a conference home.

Nah UCONN is purposely independent in football so that it can keep its basketball team in the Big East. And while I don't think they would say no to an ACC bid, I also don't see it happening.

Maybe a positive outcome of all this is that in order to cut travel costs, these bloated conferences start to break up and return to their former sizes of 8-10 teams. I think that would make a 8 or 16 team playoff easier to seed as well. But I doubt it.

I can't find it now, but yesterday I thought I read that Clemson is delaying fall sports by 4 weeks. Not sure if that included football or not. I, like everyone I guess, would like something definitive. Tough when things change daily. Hell, the MLB regular season starts tonight and the Blue Jays don't have a home stadium.

UConn cannot be considered a legitimate candidate with how shitty their football program has been for the last decade with little reason to think it's going to get much better. They don't even bring a new media market that BC and Syracuse don't already pull in (I would assume).

I would rather get WVU or Cinci. Or even one of the directional Florida schools.

Mostly because the trump voters started posting brainless propaganda denying the pandemic when most wanted to discuss football stuff?

But they said "Trump voter is upset" implying me as the target. Yeah I'm not in the mood for silly message board games with douche bags.

TRUMP SUCKS!

oh, and

Seems like a neat idea for anybody who would be interested but I can’t see throwing down $179 for it. That’s the equivalent of $30 a ticket for 6 home games.

I also thought the pricing was pretty weird on it, as I thought they would sell a lot more subscriptions at $99 rather than $180. One of my friends made the observation that this sets them up to offer the virtual season ticket for a discounted price (i.e., $99) to season ticket holders in the event that they have to hold games without fans.

Pac-12 planning on a 10-game conference only schedule starting September 19.

https://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/2020/07/pac-12-planning-for-10-game-football-season-source-confirms.html

Think that the Power V conferences are going to move ahead and try to play football this Fall until the virus starts taking rosters out. The ACC will incorporate ND into their conference schedule, and the SEC/ACC will play the one traditional rivalry game that involves teams from both conferences: Clemson/SC, FSU/Florida, GaT/UGA, L'ville/KY. Speculating that those games will count in the conference standings, so that everyone will play the same number of games that count. For those teams without an out of conference traditional rival, they will just play an additional conference game. Think most conferences will adopt a 10 game plan. Seems unlikely that every school will make it through the season, but we shall see as keeping the virus contained among 100 man football team (plus another 100 or more in support personnel) playing a full contact sport verges on the inconceivable. Then, add in the fact that these 200+ football people are mingling on a college campus with thousands of others and the venture seems unlikely to end well. Even so, looks like they will try.

Back