• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

york1313

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard that we will only be allowed to attend two games this fall? Not sure if that's only season ticket holders. Not sure if they're going to sell tix to the general public.

On top of that, there are rumors that the ACC is going to a conference only schedule this year. I would hope they would still play 12 games (conference only plus ND). I realize this may look or sound petty considering we're still in the middle of a pandemic. I'm just looking for something half way normal while doing so safely.

It seems more and more likely to be the case.

You won’t be able to go to any games because there won’t be a season.

I'm still getting billed for my season tickets like there will be a season, but unfortunately I agree. The MEAC has cancelled fall sports, so it seems to be working it's way up, major conferences will probably follow.

I heard that about the two games just this week from someone that works in the athletic department. That's why I was wondering if anyone else may have heard anything.

NC one of 13 states in CDC red zone on virus. I just don't see it happening. Maybe the no fan TV approach at best. Time is running out.

not really, that's why football is not gonna happen whereas all the major soccer leagues in Europe are up and running

I"m still on the hook for four tickets to the ND game in a large metropolitan city and heaven't heard anything, but am assuming it won't happen as planned.

Just read that since the CAA has canceled the football season, Elon plans to play as an independent this season. I just can't imagine football season is going to happen this fall. I think the major conferences will have to cave even though they don't want to lose the money.

not really, that's why football is not gonna happen whereas all the major soccer leagues in Europe are up and running

I imagine you're being sarcastic, but if not, the short answer (from about the time the soccer leagues started playing again).

coronavirus_data_explorer__1_.png

2500 new NC cases in last 24 hours While that number is likely a function of increased testing numbers I doubt we play. Hopefully we will have some type of spring ball

At best the ACC will play only 8 conference games each and we will have only season ticket holders in our stadium. Well-spaced of course.

Back