Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76126166171172173174175176177 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3526

Thread: Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Bobi Klintman Commits!

Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    It's definitely teachable. It just a player thinking - look at the trajectory of the shot, anticipate where it will hit, and then basic geometry. It's just a lot of players don't operate that way.
    Agree. That's why players should 'follow their shot" much more unless having other fallback defensive responsibilities. Art Heyman was about the best I ever saw at this. He did alright.

Rodman was a master at this. If he couldn't get it clean, he would tip it until he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Final stats for Klintman look pretty good. 16 points, 10 reb per game. I like the rebounding numbers. Some guys just seem to have a better sense about where a missed shot will go than others. It seems to be something players either have or don't have, not something that can be taught.
    Totally agree. IMHO, Larrry Bird is the best example of this than anyone I can remember; not that athletic and not much of a vertical jump. However he always seemed to know before anyone else where the ball would end yp, thus lots of rebounds.

Message Board Genius
    Yeah, Larry Bird wasn't a good athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Here on his OV as I type.
    https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...1/11211272.png

Klintman is a more-athletic Larry bird

Quote Originally Posted by wvudeac View Post
    Klintman is a more-athletic Larry bird
    Whoa there Nellie! He has some versatility but Larry Legend level?

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Hopefully soon, kids will realize what WFU stands for, not UWF. But I like the local Ď24 sizzle.

Aden Holloway committed to Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGouldandBlack View Post
    Aden Holloway committed to Auburn.
    Yesterday. $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    It's definitely teachable. It just a player thinking - look at the trajectory of the shot, anticipate where it will hit, and then basic geometry. It's just a lot of players don't operate that way.
    If it is so easy to teach rebounding skills, why don't more coaches teach it? Or are some players unable or unwilling to learn this "simple skill?"

A lot of times it's teaching a player how to keep their guy from getting the rebound, aka boxing out. One person letting their guy free crash the boards can let the whole team down.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    A lot of times it's teaching a player how to keep their guy from getting the rebound, aka boxing out. One person letting their guy free crash the boards can let the whole team down.
    Boxing out is a different skill set than finding the ball. It is an implementation of the simplest "ball-you-man" concept. That is, your body is between the ball on the rim and the opponent potential rebounder who is your responsibility. Not the same as being able to track specifically where the ball will go.

Is it too early to be concerned about 2023 recruiting? No top-100 2022 recruits. No early indications of better success with that in 2023.

Try asking over on 247 and let me know how it goes.
    Letís get this done!

May have missed it but do we have a pronunciation for Bobi?