• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Not to give away too much that's in the subscriber-only post, but ...

Biggest takeaway in talking to him was that he's confident in his abilities (esp. offensive ones) but also aware of what he needs to do to improve. Said he came to U.S. to play final season before college because he knew it was better basketball than he'd play in Sweden. Said he knows his defense needs to improve, and is well aware of Forbes' tendency/philosophy to keep defensive liabilities on the bench.

I think he'll be a bit raw, but wouldn't be surprised if he plays more than any other freshman they had this past season. I think it was really valuable for him to be at Sunrise Christian, Klintman said as much. He practiced against Mark Mitchell every day, he was a McDonald's AA. Could wind up being a valuable piece next season.

Thanks for the take... Hopefully he improves all year and comes a small contributor year one and starter year 2. Man, things are looking up.

No idea what's going on with the twitter/edits people, and fresh to this thread. But the videos of Bobi are pretty awesome. His shooting stroke looks sweet. Almost every one of his 3's are nothing but net. No rim bounces or anything.

Is there a post with all of our recruits listed? Like the scholarship table that shows all of the players/years/etc?

I looked, but I didn't see one that was updated.

No idea what's going on with the twitter/edits people, and fresh to this thread. But the videos of Bobi are pretty awesome. His shooting stroke looks sweet. Almost every one of his 3's are nothing but net. No rim bounces or anything.

Is there a post with all of our recruits listed? Like the scholarship table that shows all of the players/years/etc?

I looked, but I didn't see one that was updated.

I think you answer your own question regarding the utility of that chart here:

I LOVE the optimism, but I don't see how anyone that has watched Wake for the last decade expects losing fewer than 3-4 players to transfers/leaving early. Every year someone leaves early without real evidence of bring drafted, and every year multiple players transfer, whether they played meaningful minutes or not.

but yeah, ATS has a summary on the first page of his thread:

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...ster-Construction-Ituka-Carr-Appleby-Bradford

Returnees:
Cameron Hildreth - FR
Lucas Taylor - FR
Robert McCray - FR
Matthew Marsh - FR
Damari Monsanto - RS SO

Testing the NBA Waters:
Jake LaRavia - JR - 3/29/22
Daivien Williamson - SR - 4/2/22

Additions:
Zach Keller - #120; 6'9" PF
Jao Ituka - Marist; 6'1" PG - 4/25/22 - 3 years of eligibility
Andrew Carr - Delaware; 6'10" PF - 5/2/22 - 3 years of eligibility
Tyree Appleby - Florida; 6'1" CG - 5/4/22 - Grad Transfer
Davion Bradford - Kansas State; 7’0” C - 5/11/22 - 3 years of eligibility
Bobi Klintman - #162; 6'9" SF

Fun to watch Forbes run a master class in dealing with the NCAA rules free absolute chaos for the second year in a row. This period in college sports won't last much longer. The Great Awakening of the academic side of college sports is about to mount the Great Push Back. And Forbes will adapt again. Gonna be a ton of college coaches torched by the current situation. Adapt or die.

Fun to watch Forbes run a master class in dealing with the NCAA rules free absolute chaos for the second year in a row. This period in college sports won't last much longer. The Great Awakening of the academic side of college sports is about to mount the Great Push Back. And Forbes will adapt again. Gonna be a ton of college coaches torched by the current situation. Adapt or die.

As a coach in the JuCo ranks, Forbes had to find 6-9 new guys from high school every year. That meant sorting through thousands of kids to find the 0.1% - 0.5% he wanted. Recruiting from the portal means selecting from among hundreds of kids, not thousands who are realistic for addition to Wake. And almost all have some college level tape available.

I would expect future classes of new arrivals to look more like this year than last. That is, guys with multiple years of eligibility, not just one. I expect one year grad transfers to be fewer. They are great for filling in holes, but, IMHO, not a long term sustainable way to consistently win a lot of basketball games.

Projected Starting Lineup

5 Davion Bradford
4 Andrew Carr
3 Damari Monsanto
2 Daivien Williamson (if returning)
2 Jao Ituka (if Daivien doesn't return)
1 Tyree Appleby

Expect Ituka to be first off bench if Daivien is starting, followed closely by Hildreth and Marsh. Hopefully Cam returns with more effective 3-point shooting. I expect Marsh and Bradford to split minutes pretty evenly.

I love that Forbes has assembled a roster of mostly guys with 2-4 years of eligibility after a year with so many seniors.

The Kaiser kid holds about 20 offers, including recent UVa, BC, GT, and VT. 2 other P5/6s: Indiana and Wisconsin.

I love that Forbes has assembled a roster of mostly guys with 2-4 years of eligibility after a year with so many seniors.

Me too! I do tend to think we will see a slightly more stable roster from 22-23 to 23-24. But, getting guys with that much eligibility left isn’t new this year. Daivien came in with 3 years, Jake 3 years, Walton 2 years of eligibility left.

How do we pronounce Bobi ? Is it like "Bobby" or with a long "o" like in "Boba Fett" ?

Long Q&A with Klintman.

totally off topic, but I love the way Klintman refers to his stepdad in this interview as his Bonus Dad. I'm not sure if that is the term they use in Sweden or if he just uses that himself but that is a great use of words to describe that situation.

totally off topic, but I love the way Klintman refers to his stepdad in this interview as his Bonus Dad. I'm not sure if that is the term they use in Sweden or if he just uses that himself but that is a great use of words to describe that situation.

I agree. Great term.

Back