Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Carter Whitt Commits! and Cam Hildreth from UK!

Interesting. Earlier posters thought he wasnít good enough. Iím glad you think otherwise if we have any chance.

UNC-C is a sleeping giant.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Holt to Bama

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Holt to Bama
    DePaul didn't offer.

Just catching up on recruiting...awesome job so far by Forbes and staff. It feels good to have hope and optimism again related to basketball.

Oh good, another Ayo.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    Oh good, another Ayo.
    Ehh, don't worry. He's been considered a strong Memphis lean for a while now. So Illinois almost certainly won't be the victor in the recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    Ehh, don't worry. He's been considered a strong Memphis lean for a while now. So Illinois almost certainly won't be the victor in the recruitment.
    After Carter Whitt, I'm a lot more skeptical of strong leans and crystal balls.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    After Carter Whitt, I'm a lot more skeptical of strong leans and crystal balls.
    The Carter Whitt thing was all caused by Brian Snow. But do agree that crystal balls are generally not as reliable as some think. But the Memphis stuff is more than just rumors/one person's thoughts.

Broderick Hicks
    The Hoopsfix interview with Cam Hildreth and his dad is good.

The big surprise for me is that I keep hearing Tariq Ingraham praise. If he can be an 8 pts 5 rbs guy then that would be huge. Idk how much to expect from him but there are a couple dudes on Les' board doubling down that he would manhandle guys like Jonas Aidoo, ha. Who knows

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    A role player big who can give us 8 and 5 in 20 minutes or so would be great. Pretty sure the only bigs who have done that recently are the NBA prospects (Collins, Moore, Hoard, Sarr).

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    A role player big who can give us 8 and 5 in 20 minutes or so would be great. Pretty sure the only bigs who have done that recently are the NBA prospects (Collins, Moore, Hoard, Sarr).
    Dinos!

But yeah, we haven't really had any role player bigs... They've mostly been much better than that threshold of 8 & 5. Sarr as a Sophomore fits that description pretty well (was obviously MUCH better as a Junior).

Yeah. I guess implicit in my post is that we'd be better off with a few role player bigs and star guards and wings. Nothing against pro level bigs, but I guess I see Forbes running a more guard/wing friendly system.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Yeah. I guess implicit in my post is that we'd be better off with a few role player bigs and star guards and wings. Nothing against pro level bigs, but I guess I see Forbes running a more guard/wing friendly system.
    Understood and agreed.

My point was more that it has been feast or famine from bigs in the Manning Era. No role players.

I agree.

If we had a big guy getting 8 and 5 in 20 minutes everyone would be screaming that he should be getting 30 minutes a game.

John Camden to Memphis. So much for my speculation that he and Whitt might be a package deal. Also so much for the early crystal balls that had him going to VT. Hardaway is killing Mike Young's program after poaching Landers Nolley and now Camden.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    If we had a big guy getting 8 and 5 in 20 minutes everyone would be screaming that he should be getting 30 minutes a game.
    That would be better than Sarr in 2018-2019: 21.6 minutes, 6.5 points, 5.5 rebounds per game.

That theoretical role player would have been third in rebounds, fifth in scoring but seventh in minutes on last year's Wake team.

Extrapolate to 30 minutes, and that person would be second in rebounds, fourth in points (by 0.1) and second in minutes. That's not what I think of as a role player. Role player big would be Sarr's soph season averages: 6.2 pts, 5.5 rebs, 21.6 minutes.