• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

How does this work with amateurism rules? Is he just not getting paid? Is he actually going to school?

I have to believe Forbes, Currie and Wake compliance people have been in close contact with the NCAA on this issue because of Cam's previous play for a second division pro team in Britain before he signed with Wake. If Peral's situation is still in my memory banks, it has to be in Chill's as well. They were teammates.

Here is an article from a decade+ ago when Enes Kanter was moving from Turkey to U.S. high school, and then possibly to some college (Clemson, most likely) for a year.

"The key is he didn't accept any money or have a contract; even though other people on his team did and they were professionals, he was not," Peck said. "He'll have a laundry list of paperwork to get through, but that should be it."

Article where the quote came from:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/highschool/news/story?id=4407971

Peck was the coach at the high school Kanter was going to attend in the U.S. so I don't know how good a source he is on NCAA eligibility rules, but the quote at least gives the flavor of how amateurs and pros play together in European basketball league.

I am sure Wake can find a few lawyers to help navigate the paperwork. If necessary, borrow some from the folks east off of I-40. They are good at beating the NCAA.

Reminds me a little of open golf tournaments. If you're a pro, you get a check. If you're an amateur, you get a nice trophy.

Last edited:
Tonight's Surrey game is streaming live on YouTube at 2:30 EST. Watch Killa Cam in action with the British announcers.

Last edited:
I don't know if we've ever had a guard who can get to the basket as effortlessly as Hildreth. Beautiful layup in the halfcourt, then a great bounce pass off a subtle head fake for a layup on the secondary break on the next possession. They'll be up on Surrey twitter. Oh man, he's going to be fun.

I don't know if we've ever had a guard who can get to the basket as effortlessly as Hildreth. Beautiful layup in the halfcourt, then a great bounce pass off a subtle head fake for a layup on the secondary break on the next possession. They'll be up on Surrey twitter. Oh man, he's going to be fun.

We had Chris Paul. He was okay.

Given that Cam's dad was a top British player, I'd guess he had access to the best people to protect his ability to be NCAA eligible.

We had Chris Paul. He was okay.

Yeah, he was alright.

Cam is different though. He's got good size and he's very slippery and doesn't draw much contact getting to the basketball. Obviously that may change coming to the US.

He's got 11 and 5 with around 5 min left.

Yeah, he was alright.

Cam is different though. He's got good size and he's very slippery and doesn't draw much contact getting to the basketball. Obviously that may change coming to the US.

He's got 11 and 5 with around 5 min left.

GINOBILI!

Things are getting a little snug on the Camwagon ! I'm so pumped for Cam. Dude is LEGIT

He's a 19 year old who can hang with a bunch of 22-32 y/o d1 players and look like he is the best player on the court at most times.

He definitely wanted the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter. I really liked that.

Cam has two game winning shots and a win saving block in the few games he has played.

And a few end of quarter buzzer beaters.

And a few end of quarter buzzer beaters.

All those plays remind me a little of Chill's swagger -- just gimme the damn ball...

Game on the line, he wants the ball. Impressive, especially for a guy who is probably the youngest on the team, certainly in experience.

Wake will have two freshmen next fall with some really good experience. That should help make the team better next year.

Back