• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

It was posted as a jab at the guy who regularly laments the lack of white players on our basketball teams. Seems like posting racist shit on the sports board is the kind of shit we shouldn't be allowing. We are never going to get rid of the racism that occurs on these boards (or anywhere) if the Tunnels is the only place we are allowed to address it.

Agree, our general moderating philosophy is pretty laissez-faire, outside of truly egregious stuff, with a preference to let the community shout down and call people out for it in hopes that people will see the error of their ways and learn. If it continues to be an issue then we start talking about bans. The fact that this guy has started a separate username to spread his hot takes is a pretty interesting tell.

Agree, our general moderating philosophy is pretty laissez-faire, outside of truly egregious stuff, with a preference to let the community shout down and call people out for it in hopes that people will see the error of their ways and learn. If it continues to be an issue then we start talking about bans. The fact that this guy has started a separate username to spread his hot takes is a pretty interesting tell.

The approach is appreciated. Putting folks on Ignore is also an option.

It's ridiculous how quiet things have been on the recruiting front. I hope we get Kok Yat...He's ranked right around where McCray is and we need a big in every class. Also need to get Lucas Taylor, although if we are his fallback option and he will bail on us if he gets a UNC offer, not sure how I feel about that. Not sure where we stand with Whitt but I'm pretty sure he wants to go to a top-10 program. I've never felt good about getting him but would LOVE to be wrong.

I just think that no one should be allowed to hijack such a benign thread with slander and innuendo. I have no idea who uses a separate user name, etc. nor do I care. Calling anyone to a "Klan Meeting" and a Mod justifying it (not egregious enough?) says much where we are here at the Forum. Thanks for the lesson on how the Boards operate.

It's ridiculous how quiet things have been on the recruiting front. I hope we get Kok Yat...He's ranked right around where McCray is and we need a big in every class. Also need to get Lucas Taylor, although if we are his fallback option and he will bail on us if he gets a UNC offer, not sure how I feel about that. Not sure where we stand with Whitt but I'm pretty sure he wants to go to a top-10 program. I've never felt good about getting him but would LOVE to be wrong.

I hope Wake is the fallback option on Taylor. That would eliminate his other seven schools of interest. The Heels have several, more highly rated wing options above Taylor. Wake is the only ACC school and the only NC school remaining in his top eight. He indicated both were of importance when Wake offered. By most accounts, the Deacs have indicated Taylor is of highest priority. If another highly rated recruit is willing to commit to Wake, Forbes should accept. Room for Taylor or Whitt would remain.

I just think that no one should be allowed to hijack such a benign thread with slander and innuendo. I have no idea who uses a separate user name, etc. nor do I care. Calling anyone to a "Klan Meeting" and a Mod justifying it (not egregious enough?) says much where we are here at the Forum. Thanks for the lesson on how the Boards operate.

Why are you less concerned with racism than people calling out racism?

Really PH? That's what you're taking away from this exchange? I'm not concerned with racism; just people being called out for being racist?

Can we please just get back to Bball recruiting? This hole has gotten way too deep for me.

This.

Really PH? That's what you're taking away from this exchange? I'm not concerned with racism; just people being called out for being racist?

Can we please just get back to Bball recruiting? This hole has gotten way too deep for me.

Sure, you're the one that brought that 3-day-old comment back into the limelight and took the discussion away from bball recruiting again. Back to your regularly scheduled programming, for which there isn't a lot of news happening atm.

This.

Sure, you're the one that brought that 3-day-old comment back into the limelight and took the discussion away from bball recruiting again. Back to your regularly scheduled programming, for which there isn't a lot of news happening atm.

Again, a Mod taking sides with his buddies. Ban my ass if it suits you. What an embarrassment.

Last edited:
Off topic posts should be removed from this thread and dumped into a different thread. Particularly on this thread.

Yet another off topic post. C’mon people. Do better. At least classic Dutch posts are ostensibly about recruiting.

RBH

Though, I much prefer discussing Basketball recruiting there are certain folks here who prefer to act as the morality police. Some, like Ph, are unable to understand the viewpoints of others.

It was posted as a jab at the guy who regularly laments the lack of white players on our basketball teams. Seems like posting racist shit on the sports board is the kind of shit we shouldn't be allowing. We are never going to get rid of the racism that occurs on these boards (or anywhere) if the Tunnels is the only place we are allowed to address it.[/QUOTE

Regularly laments???? I mentioned it one time since I noted that Manning hardly ever tried to recruit white players. Not sure why this is deemed racist because on some college campuses black students are requesting black only dorms. Anyway, I like how Forbes recruits.

bring it on social justice warriors.

Stay on topic people.

Back