• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

...there’s a glitch in the matrix.

Yep. Hard to disagree about the state of college basketball.

Over the next few years, college basketball is going to change dramatically. A lot of the blue bloods may have some problems having to recruit and have many misses in recruiting. Also, by having players stay longer, the quality of play may improve even with less talent as they will be more fundamentally sound.

The blue bloods will still bring in whomever they deem the best talent. The issue for them will be greater uncertainty in how good the guys turn out to be. Top 25-75 guys usually have one or more areas of game or body that need a lot of work. Some never really develop. Others do. Figuring out who will improve the most is something the blue bloods haven't had to deal with very much.

Yeah, but the other side of that is that the "blue bloods" can just poach talent from other college teams via transfer.

Schools from lower conferences are basically farm teams at this point.

The blue bloods will still bring in whomever they deem the best talent. The issue for them will be greater uncertainty in how good the guys turn out to be. Top 25-75 guys usually have one or more areas of game or body that need a lot of work. Some never really develop. Others do. Figuring out who will improve the most is something the blue bloods haven't had to deal with very much.

They will have to bring in people used to recruiting that level of player. Plus, there will be much more competition.

Yeah, but the other side of that is that the "blue bloods" can just poach talent from other college teams via transfer.

Schools from lower conferences are basically farm teams at this point.

This year and next are an aberration. I'd wager that it won't be full and free movement after that.

This year and next are an aberration. I'd wager that it won't be full and free movement after that.

Unlikely that the transfer rule is going to get reversed. For over a decade, the trend has been moving in allowing free movement for the athletes. The rules shouldn't change back. Just like any student, a student-athlete should be able to transfer schools without penalty, if he/she believes a move is in her/his best interest. FWIW, in the long run, the transfer rules will be a net positive for WF as long as Forbes is our coach.

Last edited:
Unlikely that the transfer rule is going to get reversed. The trend has been moving in allowing free movement for the athletes. The rules shouldn't change back. Just like any student, a student-athlete should be able to transfer schools if he/she believes a move is in her/his best interest. FWIW, in the long run, the transfer rules will be a net positive for WF as long as Forbes is our coach.

Agree with this.

It was not a good dynamic with Manning. Should be better under Forbes.

Hildreth with another strong showing.

10/10/5 with 0 turnovers.

He's missing a lot of free throws but that looks like an anomaly. I've been really high on Hildreth since he signed. Love his game.

McCray lost in the state playoffs but was 4A player of the year in South Carolina. He is going to be really fun to watch. His upside is sky high and he will contribute early as well.

I was hoping we would land Applewhite, we need some bigs with talent bad.... Anyone hearing we might have a good shot at a talented big?

He's 6'6 or 6'7. He's not a big.

The average small forward size is 6'7'' and power forward average size is 6'9''. He would've made a good wing and improved on the shit show we have now. Of course this is spilt milk, on to the next. PS: Rodney Rogers was 6'7'' and I definitely considered him a big but he was thick, I don't think Applewhite has Rogers thickness but oh well.

The average small forward size is 6'7'' and power forward average size is 6'9''. He would've made a good wing and improved on the shit show we have now. Of course this is spilt milk, on to the next. PS: Rodney Rogers was 6'7'' and I definitely considered him a big but he was thick, I don't think Applewhite has Rogers thickness but oh well.

This guy is listed at 6'6, 210. Rodney was 6'7, 240 and a freak of nature. There's no way to compare those two.

We need a BIG not a wing.

Not true RJ. We need wings, fries and cold beers and more and more beers the more I watch this year. Seriously, I'm with you, we need a powerful 6'10'' big but we need better wings also. Cheers

He's unranked by Rivals. He's unranked by ESPN. He's 164 by 247. I'm not losing a single wink of sleeping over lost this guy.

" Also has craftiness in the midrange and finishes at the rim but not as a high rising finisher... Can guard the two through the four but is not known for his lateral quickness."

With all the guards we have, Hildreth can play some SF at 6'5.

We need the scholarship more much more than we need him.

Back