• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

We have one scholarship, unless someone transfers out.

Jonah, Ian, and Jalen can come back if they want, but we don’t get another scholarship if they leave.

So if the scholarship player transfer out we get to replenish that scholarship right? How does that work with transfers? My whole point with Applewhite was that Forbes wanted him and I would leave the coaching him up to Forbes. Thanks for the input.

We have one scholarship, unless someone transfers out.

Jonah, Ian, and Jalen can come back if they want, but we don’t get another scholarship if they leave.

It's a business after all. When Forbes got the job, because it was late and in a pandemic, he had to scramble to retain any and every piece he could. With a full offseason now I'm sure there will be guys that he'll have "the talk" to saying you won't be getting minutes next year, I think it's in your best interest to find a new program. If I had to guess I'd say that happens to three or four guys, with one that may surprise some folks. There are a couple obvious candidates to transfer out like Neath and Quadry given the fact that the guards coming in next year are likely to be immediately ahead of them in the rotation, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to also see Ish go as well. IMO he's plain and simply not good enough of an athlete or team player to add anything of substance on a consistent basis, and if I can see that I'm sure Forbes can as well with a more trained eye. I also think the number of players transferring out will be directly correlated to the number of transfers/late cycle recruits that Forbes thinks we have a good chance with. The big difference between Forbes and Danny is Forbes won't accept lack of effort or lack of talent, he'll go out there and get what he knows he needs to build the program, even if that means having a tough conversation with a current player.

It's a business after all. When Forbes got the job, because it was late and in a pandemic, he had to scramble to retain any and every piece he could. With a full offseason now I'm sure there will be guys that he'll have "the talk" to saying you won't be getting minutes next year, I think it's in your best interest to find a new program. If I had to guess I'd say that happens to three or four guys, with one that may surprise some folks. There are a couple obvious candidates to transfer out like Neath and Quadry given the fact that the guards coming in next year are likely to be immediately ahead of them in the rotation, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to also see Ish go as well. IMO he's plain and simply not good enough of an athlete or team player to add anything of substance on a consistent basis, and if I can see that I'm sure Forbes can as well with a more trained eye. I also think the number of players transferring out will be directly correlated to the number of transfers/late cycle recruits that Forbes thinks we have a good chance with. The big difference between Forbes and Danny is Forbes won't accept lack of effort or lack of talent, he'll go out there and get what he knows he needs to build the program, even if that means having a tough conversation with a current player.

Sounds about right. Good stuff.

Surrey picked up a 76-74 win yesterday.

Cam with 4/2/1 in 17 min.

Cam with a nasty move to the basket for the and one.

Last edited:
That kid looks amazing, so glad he is a Deac.

Despite only scoring 4 points and coming off the bench, Hildreth had the second highest +/- on the night for his team. He seems to have a very impressive +/- relative to his teammates in every game, which is a great sign of him doing a lot more than just what we see in the box score.

Hildreth's team (and his competition) includes former high D1 college players. Cam is essentially play pro basketball right now. He's going to be more advanced than the typical incoming frosh.

He is playing pro basketball. He’s been playing pro basketball for awhile. The BBL is the highest pro level in Great Britain. He was playing in the second level before that.

Probably. He'd be able to get to the basket which this team really needs. He'll come in next year as a 19 year old freshman with a season of pro ball.

Probably. He'd be able to get to the basket which this team really needs. He'll come in next year as a 19 year old freshman with a season of pro ball.

I'm in the camp that this season of playing with the pros in England will be better experience than a year of US high school ball and an AAU season. It also seems like he has a knack for closing games. With offense, and now with defense.

If DuBose comes back maybe he and Hildreth can go to free throw camp together...

He is playing pro basketball. He’s been playing pro basketball for awhile. The BBL is the highest pro level in Great Britain. He was playing in the second level before that.

How does this work with amateurism rules? Is he just not getting paid? Is he actually going to school?

Surrey picked up a 76-74 win yesterday.

Cam with 4/2/1 in 17 min.

Cam with a nasty move to the basket for the and one.
wish these english announcers would replace some of our lame ones on espn. they are at least entertaining.

I was wondering the same thing. How can he play professionally and be eligible to play at Wake?

He should be an amateur playing with pros. However, this is a murky area. Wake got burned on this issue some years back with Ricky Peral. Presumably Hildreth's participation in the BBL meets NCAA rules.

I think Dinos Mitoglou also spent time with a Greek pro team before coming to Wake.

Back