• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I'm not too concerned about Forbes' recruiting for a few reasons
3) The coaching upgrade will close our gap w/ the top part of the ACC a lot quicker than recruiting imo. I thought Mannequin was an adequate recruiter (def an improvement over Bz) & that our talent gap within the ACC was much closer than the coaching gap (including player retention/development). So if Forbes' coaching chops are as advertised, I believe he can produce post season caliber teams on an ongoing basis without a significant upgrade in talent. I feel like Forbes (or any above avg coach) would have taken at least a couple of Manning's teams to the NCAAs.

I also believe the coaching upgrade will close the gap. I am confident we will see much better overall effort from Forbes coached teams - which will translate into more W's.

The only recruit I have seen on mixtape this year with the same range as Alajiki is Brizzi. NBA range on the catch and shoot or the pull up jumper. Other skills as well. He looks like a Forbes recruit to me.

Not sure where to put this, but:

The lack of recruiting news it getting ridiculous.

2020- I assume we are still trying to fill up the class with the final scholarship. I wonder if we are waiting for a last second transfer and we’ve struck out on our other top options, so coach doesn’t want to tie up a scholly for 4 years with a project.

2021- I wouldn’t say I’m worried but I am somewhat perplexed/curious as to the lack of noise around this class. McCray is a stud and great first commit but we have 3 more scholarships and most of our targets are off the board. Maybe he staff is keeping things quiet and has a couple of guys they’re waiting to make it official, but that’s somewhat wishful thinking.

The lack of recruiting news it getting ridiculous.

2020- I assume we are still trying to fill up the class with the final scholarship. I wonder if we are waiting for a last second transfer and we’ve struck out on our other top options, so coach doesn’t want to tie up a scholly for 4 years with a project.

2021- I wouldn’t say I’m worried but I am somewhat perplexed/curious as to the lack of noise around this class. McCray is a stud and great first commit but we have 3 more scholarships and most of our targets are off the board. Maybe he staff is keeping things quiet and has a couple of guys they’re waiting to make it official, but that’s somewhat wishful thinking.
Yea everything has gone quiet on the recruiting front, i haven’t heard anything in over a week. Idk what to make of it.

In his last interview with Connor, Forbes indicated he was comfortable keeping that last ship for the next class.

Overall we are a bit screwed this year. Our sales pitch is the school, facilities and now a coach with a personality and track record. If Forbes were able to get the kids on campus with the parents and do some normal recruiting we would be in alot better position.

Overall we are a bit screwed this year. Our sales pitch is the school, facilities and now a coach with a personality and track record. If Forbes were able to get the kids on campus with the parents and do some normal recruiting we would be in alot better position.

#Truth

Still got #FIF (faith in Forbes) and excited about the future. Just may take a little longer to get back to wake basketball's previous normal and hopefully new heights.

Interesting mix of schools. I see the possibilities for a lot of negative recruiting going on - Pearl trashing UT, Self trashing Wake, everyone else trashing Cal.
ETA: He was actually offered by DFL last year. For Forbes and Wake to make this list is encouraging.

Last edited:
WTF is that blue buffalo head ?

Howard.png

Have this additionally from that Forbes interview last week:

Asked a question along the lines of being the only new P-6 coach and whether that creates a feeling of being behind everybody else.

Forbes: Nobody is feeling sorry for me, I can tell you that right now. And so we’re not feeling sorry for ourselves.
But sure, I mean, common sense says one of the biggest positives we have, advantages we have in recruiting, is a campus visit. Think about it, I’ve never had a recruit on campus yet.
Nobody is going through that. I’m trying to recruit players at a high level who have never met me. And convincing them to come here probably without a visit. I think that speaks for itself right there.

So they’re not going through that. Most of these guys, especially at this level, you’re recruiting these kids when they’re freshmen and sophomores and juniors. So they have relationships with these kids, they have been on these campuses. Now, some of these kids have been on campus, but not a lot of them.

Yeah, I think that puts it in perspective a little bit about where we’re at. And the fact that I got the job on the first of May and I just met my team two weeks ago. In the history of college basketball, has that ever happened?

Back