• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Four different crystal ball picks on 247 for Weston to Seton Hall yesterday afternoon. Getting worried about this class, and the longer this pandemic hangs around the more difficult it is for coach to get guys on campus to make his pitch.

While this year's recruiting class may fall short of what all of us would all like, I am very encouraged that Forbes and staff are competing for top 150 talent despite all the barriers they face: (1) the late hiring on 4/30, (2) all the COVID restrictions for in-person evaluations, campus visits, etc., and (3) recruiting top talent is a 2-3 year process beginning in these player's sophomore and junior year, which our staff has not had the advantage of with most of these players. If we show we can compete on the floor this season (the best recruiting tool you can have), I believe this staff is showing all the effort necessary to have a very nice 21-22 class.

There are bound to be a ton more transfers next year too with the unusual school environment and many may get immediate waiver eligibility depending on how the season plays out. Added to that is that there was little coaching transition this year which means the floodgates will open next offseason making even more players available. Forbes best bet may just to be patient.

Forbes is just going to have to win with less like he's done throughout his career. Obviously the ACC is a tougher league, but I'm fine if he starts his time at Wake with a team that plays hard and smart.

Forbes is just going to have to win with less like he's done throughout his career. Obviously the ACC is a tougher league, but I'm fine if he starts his time at Wake with a team that plays hard and smart.

And focuses on defense and paint touches.

THIS

Or hit by the train coming out of the tunnel behind him.

Interesting that a 2022 kid is paring down his schools already. Maybe he's looking at re-classifying.

Back