• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Well, Forbes will have no problem selling playing time to any recruit that put the ball in the basket.

If Forbes can pull Pod and Boakye or a talented transfer big man, the team will be twice as good next year. We lack an inside presence and a wing that can move the ball but also make plays offensively other than standing behind the 3 pt line and hoping for wide open looks. The guards have to go above and beyond in order to get inconsistent shooters (Johnson, Antonio, and Massoud) good looks. It would be nice if we could get somebody that could do something other than hope and pray their shot is falling through each night.

Uk and Illinois are a couple tough ones to go up against.

Also, Vanderbilt just offered this morning...He put them in his top-5 which is weird timing if there isn't significant interest.

Unless there's a degree Johnson wants to get, I don't see any reason he'd want to return.

Like Creamy said, UK and Illinois are tough competition, especially for a kid from the Midwest.

Amazing that Vandy still shows up on the list for recruits. Not sure why Miami would be appealing right now. Glass houses, I know... But at least we still can argue for a Forbes honeymoon.

I'm kinda surprised that Cal doesn't go after more guys like this. He needs to have some bench behind his one and dones. Could this be one of the reasons they haven't won it all since 11-12?

At IL, he could step right in for Ayo.

He has gone from 3* barely Top 200 to #72 on 247. This year and next may have more players outplaying their rankings than in the last decade.

Vandy's program has been awful record-wise, but they have put three players in the NBA over the last two years (Darius Garland, Aaron Nesmith and Saben Lee), and current Soph. Scottie Pippen Jr. may follow them. To me, its an indictment of their program that they could have legit NBA-level talent (Garland didn't play much because of injuries), and be that terrible (5-44 in the SEC over the last 3 years). But every high D-1 recruit thinks he is heading to the NBA, and Stackhouse sells that NBA angle. This will be the 4th straight season that WF hasn't produced an NBA player, and WF has produced one over the last 11 years. The schools WF recruits against will point that out.

WF had one of the worst coaches of all-time, but the year before JC went to the NBA, at least WF was competitive and got an NCAA invite. So, that just tells you how awful Vanderbilt's coaching has been recently.

I'm kinda surprised that Cal doesn't go after more guys like this. He needs to have some bench behind his one and dones. Could this be one of the reasons they haven't won it all since 11-12?

At IL, he could step right in for Ayo.

He has gone from 3* barely Top 200 to #72 on 247. This year and next may have more players outplaying their rankings than in the last decade.

As a kentucky fan, I can answer this for you. Cal doesn’t give a rat’s ass about winning at the college level. The only thing he cares about is draft night, which he hopes is all about him. Cal also thinks BBN is all about watching former players in the NBA. We don’t give a shit unless they happen to land on our favorite team, and that only applies to the few uk fans who watch the nba. Most just stick to college ball. I agree with you, he would win more with kids like this. The problem at kentucky has been and will continue to be 5star freshman getting preferential treatment and playing time to boost their draft stock, as opposed to recruiting 3 and 4 star projects, developing them over 3 and 4 years, and playing the guys that most help you win, regardless of draft impact.

As a kentucky fan, I can answer this for you. Cal doesn’t give a rat’s ass about winning at the college level. The only thing he cares about is draft night, which he hopes is all about him. Cal also thinks BBN is all about watching former players in the NBA. We don’t give a shit unless they happen to land on our favorite team, and that only applies to the few uk fans who watch the nba. Most just stick to college ball. I agree with you, he would win more with kids like this. The problem at kentucky has been and will continue to be 5star freshman getting preferential treatment and playing time to boost their draft stock, as opposed to recruiting 3 and 4 star projects, developing them over 3 and 4 years, and playing the guys that most help you win, regardless of draft impact.

I’m pretty sure he wants to win; every coach does. He just wants to win his way and keeps believing his methods will be the most successful ones.

In a year or two, when one and done is over and most Top 20 guys are going to the G-League, Cal could be in trouble because of this.

In a year or two, when one and done is over and most Top 20 guys are going to the G-League, Cal could be in trouble because of this.

Seems like every year for the last 10 years we've heard "when one and done is over in a couple years". They need to get to it already!

Seems like every year for the last 10 years we've heard "when one and done is over in a couple years". They need to get to it already!

The league wants to get Eboni Bates playing ASAP. The NBAPA and Silver both want to get this done. The league has expanded G-League salaries to get this done.

Emoni Bates

HS Class of 2022, but may reclassify to 2021.

my typo..my bad...

They are talking about moving top G-League salaries to $250-700,000. When you add endorsements, it become crazy to go to college if you are only staying a year.

College basketball is a fucking disaster. Glad my life included the Golden Age of ACC Basketball.

College basketball is a fucking disaster. Glad my life included the Golden Age of ACC Basketball.

This. At this point, I don’t care if the one and done rule ends. ACC basketball is barely on real national TV (not ACCN). It’s hard to watch. Meanwhile the NBA is an excellent product in which the only “problem” is two top 5 players are on the same team.

This. At this point, I don’t care if the one and done rule ends. ACC basketball is barely on real national TV (not ACCN). It’s hard to watch. Meanwhile the NBA is an excellent product in which the only “problem” is two top 5 players are on the same team.

...there’s a glitch in the matrix.

Yep. Hard to disagree about the state of college basketball.

my typo..my bad...

They are talking about moving top G-League salaries to $250-700,000. When you add endorsements, it become crazy to go to college if you are only staying a year.
Or more accurately, "only attending classes from Sept. to December, and then basically done with WhatsaMattaU as soon as your team is no longer playing in March".
I'm so over college BB; last player I actually followed was Chris Clemons at Campbell U. , and that's only b/c The Camels and Chris were a semi-compelling story. I'm hopeful the G-League will take care of the one-and-done thing and I can actually fall in love with college BB again.

Back