• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

So much hair between Whitt and McCray. {RJKarl Joke}Will our backcourt be called the (3) Pointer Sisters? {RJKarl Joke}

Deebo Coleman chose Georgia Tech (and, presumably, a sack of money from Josh Pastner).

Yea, idk if we want a top 10 player in the country if it’s not the right guy.

Definitely should not recruit guys with hyphens in their names. Might sound too British. Oh wait we recruited a guy from Britain.
Maybe he won't be good. Oh wait. Cody Miller-McIntyre already had a good career at Wake.

Maybe we should just recruit guys who are good basketball players and not worry about fitting the name on the jersey.

Definitely should not recruit guys with hyphens in their names. Might sound too British. Oh wait we recruited a guy from Britain.
Maybe he won't be good. Oh wait. Cody Miller-McIntyre already had a good career at Wake.

Maybe we should just recruit guys who are good basketball players and not worry about fitting the name on the jersey.

Careful. Someone may cite Bill Moto to prove the point. On the other hand, AFA was hyphenated.

The issue is obviously hyphenated last names. Hyphenated first names are boss.

Does the ban on hyphenated names only apply to basketball?
What about football?
And what about sports where players names aren’t on their jersey or shirt....like golf, tennis, track, etc?
Can we have hyphenated names for those sports?
Somebody please fill me in on this.
Thanks
John-Paul Avery-Smith

Without the changes in eligibility I would say Aidoo is a must-get if Forbes wants to be near the top of the conference in Whitt's freshman and sophomore seasons. However given the fact that Ody and even a guy like Okpomo will be around for four or more seasons, I think there is still a chance that the staff could afford to lose out on Aidoo and still have a borderline top 25 level team. I grew up a Georgetown fan and it always seemed like bigs would develop so much over the course of their four years, and there wold always be an unknown recruit that graduated as a starter going to play oversee or G league ball. With the weight Ody has put on and the style of offense Forbes will run I think Ody will be a real asset this year and going forward. With that said let's go out an get ourselves an elite big!

Back