• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Interesting. Earlier posters thought he wasn’t good enough. I’m glad you think otherwise if we have any chance.

Just catching up on recruiting...awesome job so far by Forbes and staff. It feels good to have hope and optimism again related to basketball.

Ehh, don't worry. He's been considered a strong Memphis lean for a while now. So Illinois almost certainly won't be the victor in the recruitment.

After Carter Whitt, I'm a lot more skeptical of strong leans and crystal balls.

After Carter Whitt, I'm a lot more skeptical of strong leans and crystal balls.

The Carter Whitt thing was all caused by Brian Snow. But do agree that crystal balls are generally not as reliable as some think. But the Memphis stuff is more than just rumors/one person's thoughts.

The big surprise for me is that I keep hearing Tariq Ingraham praise. If he can be an 8 pts 5 rbs guy then that would be huge. Idk how much to expect from him but there are a couple dudes on Les' board doubling down that he would manhandle guys like Jonas Aidoo, ha. Who knows

A role player big who can give us 8 and 5 in 20 minutes or so would be great. Pretty sure the only bigs who have done that recently are the NBA prospects (Collins, Moore, Hoard, Sarr).

A role player big who can give us 8 and 5 in 20 minutes or so would be great. Pretty sure the only bigs who have done that recently are the NBA prospects (Collins, Moore, Hoard, Sarr).

Dinos!

But yeah, we haven't really had any role player bigs... They've mostly been much better than that threshold of 8 & 5. Sarr as a Sophomore fits that description pretty well (was obviously MUCH better as a Junior).

Yeah. I guess implicit in my post is that we'd be better off with a few role player bigs and star guards and wings. Nothing against pro level bigs, but I guess I see Forbes running a more guard/wing friendly system.

Yeah. I guess implicit in my post is that we'd be better off with a few role player bigs and star guards and wings. Nothing against pro level bigs, but I guess I see Forbes running a more guard/wing friendly system.

Understood and agreed.

My point was more that it has been feast or famine from bigs in the Manning Era. No role players.

John Camden to Memphis. So much for my speculation that he and Whitt might be a package deal. Also so much for the early crystal balls that had him going to VT. Hardaway is killing Mike Young's program after poaching Landers Nolley and now Camden.

If we had a big guy getting 8 and 5 in 20 minutes everyone would be screaming that he should be getting 30 minutes a game.

That would be better than Sarr in 2018-2019: 21.6 minutes, 6.5 points, 5.5 rebounds per game.

That theoretical role player would have been third in rebounds, fifth in scoring but seventh in minutes on last year's Wake team.

Extrapolate to 30 minutes, and that person would be second in rebounds, fourth in points (by 0.1) and second in minutes. That's not what I think of as a role player. Role player big would be Sarr's soph season averages: 6.2 pts, 5.5 rebs, 21.6 minutes.

Back