Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1902

Thread: Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Lucas Taylor Commits!

  1. #61

  2. #62
    Kidd could come to Wake and make a huge difference or he could hang out and hope things get better next year. Even if he comes to Wake and there is no season he has a year of development at Wake with all our coaches and facilities. Seems like a win for him and for us.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    If he comes to WF, Lynn since everyone thinks that their own kid[d] is the best in the world.
    No kidding?

  4. #64
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,121
    This thread is getting me excited - not sure I'm ready for that or not

  5. #65
    I have a silly question...if there's no season, would that effectively be a redshirt for anyone/everyone who qualifies or would that year of eligibilty simply get rolled to the next year by the NCAA (assuming that's a unanimous vote by the committee) and still leave the possibility of a redshirt for some people?

    If I'm Kidd, going back to high school after graduating seems like a step backwards if there's risk of not having a basketball season in general. I'd rather be in college. If this season doesn't count against future eligibility, my gut tells me his camp is suggesting he reclassify to 2020 and enroll early. I'd be pumped if we landed him.
    Last edited by SkyDivingDeacon; 07-22-2020 at 12:29 PM.

  6. #66
    John Butler just released a top 6, my source tells me it will be hard to get him, i wouldnt get your hopes up.

  7. #67
    Need to have John Collins call Kidd. A couple of good years at Wake can lead to NBA stardom

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by BudatWake View Post
    Need to have John Collins call Kidd. A couple of good years at Wake can lead to NBA stardom
    Call would go well. You could train in facilities I never saw under a coaching staff I've never even met.

  9. #69
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    Call would go well. You could train in facilities I never saw under a coaching staff I've never even met.
    True... They'd at least have Mit Shah in common.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy8 View Post
    John Butler just released a top 6, my source tells me it will be hard to get him, i wouldnt get your hopes up.
    Who are the 6?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    Who are the 6?
    My guess at his destination in order by likelihood:
    FSU, S.C., Clemson.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by 80deacon View Post
    My guess at his destination in order by likelihood:
    FSU, S.C., Clemson.
    Another great example of how different services rate very differently. Rivals has him with 4 stars, VC has him with 2. That's why I look more at the list of offers.

  13. #73
    Scooter Banks
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    Another great example of how different services rate very differently. Rivals has him with 4 stars, VC has him with 2. That's why I look more at the list of offers.
    Verbal Commits doesn't rate players. Their rankings are based on shared rankings from the recruiting sites but quite often they've not been too proactive in maintaining the rankings and as a result a lot of players just have the unranked 2 star rating.

    VC's strength is the offer database & accuracy. That is the main (and arguably only) use for the site.

  14. #74
    Anyone have any real scoop on Lynn Kidd and if he is going to reclassify?

    A poster on the other board is saying his top source is saying itís a long shot and he will most likely stay in 2021.

  15. #75
    Scooter Banks
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Anyone have any real scoop on Lynn Kidd and if he is going to reclassify?

    A poster on the other board is saying his top source is saying itís a long shot and he will most likely stay in 2021.
    Demon is a complicated guy. The former official "insider" back when the main WF board was on Scout, he definitely had plenty of access & would fill the premium board with good info. But then his info became more scarce & some even less reliable. Not sure of his level of connectedness with WF now but it's safe to say that it is not even close to what it was like 15 years ago.

  16. #76
    Scooter Banks
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    Demon is a complicated guy. The former official "insider" back when the main WF board was on Scout, he definitely had plenty of access & would fill the premium board with good info. But then his info became more scarce & some even less reliable. Not sure of his level of connectedness with WF now but it's safe to say that it is not even close to what it was like 15 years ago.
    I cannot edit but meant to add:

    If there is contrasting info coming from established recruiting guys & him, it's reasonable to believe the other people's info due to their established recent track record.

  17. #77
    Thanks. Hopefully heís wrong. That dude would be an absolute game changer for us.

  18. #78
    Speaking of not being able to edit. I cannot edit the first post in this thread to update it. Anyway to fix it? If not, I can edit my 2nd post in the thread, so I guess I could put the updates there.

  19. #79
    Scooter Banks
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,705
    McCray has (finally) been ranked by 247 - 4* & #113 in the composite.

    https://247sports.com/player/robert-mccray-46097405/

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Speaking of not being able to edit. I cannot edit the first post in this thread to update it. Anyway to fix it? If not, I can edit my 2nd post in the thread, so I guess I could put the updates there.
    Yeah I'm gonna try and dig around more for this, but it sucks so hard since it seems totally random about which posts are affected by this bug. If you can edit your second post to start putting the info in I can edit and "wipe out" the first one too to make it a little cleaner/more obvious for now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •