Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Lucas Taylor Commits!

Losing a basketball recruit to Clemson is gross no matter what their record is against us over the last decade. Ugh.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Losing a basketball recruit to Clemson is gross no matter what their record is against us over the last decade. Ugh.
    This. Our climb back to national relevance needs to start by beating Clemson regularly.

Damn
    Yeah, we can’t lose to Clemson and be who we want to be. Not looking good right now.
    Let’s get this done!

Very good pick up by Clemson especially given the timing and reclassification. Kidd looks promising. On to the next recruit/option.

We are going to suck again. If there is a season.....

I am so sick of sucking. Doesn't look like we will have any instant impact players for 2020 or 2021. Probably looking at a 4 year rebuild just to get to middle of the pack. Maybe....

Yikes this is bad. Brownell has been on the hot seat repeatedly too. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    A painful reminder about how long and rocky the road will be back to competitive relevance both on the court and in recruiting. We now have the coach/staff and facilities to attract top talent, but will need to demonstrate we can consistently win against top conference competitors in order to successfully close the deal with recruits like Kidd Jr. I'm afraid lots of patience will be required and multiple years to pass in this process (just like with Clawson...)

Steve Lepore
    As long as kids show progress and heart and coaches do a good job in in game coaching we will be fine, took Tacy two years to get on track but from the first game you could see he had coaching chops, same with Odom. At least we are on some final lists, it will turn.

Well shit. I really wanted that guy and he picked the school in the Acc that cares the least about basketball.

The Pumpfaker
    There were no vibes, only a fool's vibes

It's hard to put any blame on Forbes and our current staff. If we were a remotely competent team over the past decade then we wouldn't have had an issue closing this deal. Forbes has his work cut out for him and I know he's up for the task. There will come a time, sooner rather than later, that we never lose priority recruits to shitty programs like Clemson, VPI and BC.

Onward and upwards. I have no doubt Forbes can recruit at this level. The only thing that could happen that would put fear in me is if McCray decommitted.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    If we're being honest, Lynn is a girl's name.

On to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    It's hard to put any blame on Forbes and our current staff. If we were a remotely competent team over the past decade then we wouldn't have had an issue closing this deal. Forbes has his work cut out for him and I know he's up for the task. There will come a time, sooner rather than later, that we never lose priority recruits to shitty programs like Clemson, VPI and BC.

Onward and upwards. I have no doubt Forbes can recruit at this level. The only thing that could happen that would put fear in me is if McCray decommitted.
    I agree that Forbes is obviously at a big disadvantage especially given the current state of the world. However I find it worrisome that a week ago we were the strong favorite to land this guy if he reclassified. And then he ends up at...Clemson? Since this is a bit of a lost year on a number of levels I hope Forbes and staff can use the time to build relationships that will pay off big time in 2022 and beyond.

Would love to get one of Mading or Aidoo and 1 of Weston or Coleman... Then just best available. Ideally Whitt. A class like that would most likely be top-20 or 25 and we'd all be back on cloud 9. Let's keep the hope and vibes alive.

I feel really good about PG for the next couple of years. Williamson, Neath, McCray and Adams should be able to get the job done. We need a couple of score first players, which is why getting Weston or Coleman would be huge. Add in another wing and a big and we are in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post

I doubt whether we were a good team over the last time several years had anything to do with it. A recruit that picks Clemson is not looking for an NCAA tournament team or a packed house fan experience. He apparently developed a better relationship with their coaching staff, and that is fine — we’ll get our share in the future, but staff relationships need to be built over time. Agree— no reflection on our staff.

Brad Brownell has coached Clemson for 10 seasons. He is 12-2 against WF over that span; Coastal Carolina has a better record against Brownell than WF. Utter domination.

I get that it is vomitus to think that any basketball recruit (particularly one from outside of SC) would select Clemson over WF, but until WF starts beating Clemson with regularity on the court, it will be easy for Brownell to recruit against WF. TWELVE AND TWO.

Thanks Wellman.