• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Thanks Wellman.

Yeah this isn't about the "Clemson experience" -- no offense TexasDeac...Before Bzdelikkk, there is no way we would have lost a recruit like this to Clemson, especially one who was most likely promised early playing time and one we prioritized like we did Kidd. Wake was a perennial top-25 program and Clemson was a doormat for the 2 decades preceding, sans a couple of seasons. If a player is looking to have a basketball experience and life after basketball experience then he would have chosen Wake.

It has everything to do with Pilchard's stat of 12-2 against us during that span. I'm not saying Clemson football and the size of the university isn't appealing, but if a kid is making a basketball decision, there is no reason he would choose Clemson over Wake, aside from the fact we are coming off of our worst stretch in program history.

Well, all of this is certainly disappointing. Not down on Forbes & staff by any means, but was hoping for some immediate recruiting "honeymoon" results. Realize it takes time to build relationships but, after 10 years in the wilderness, was hoping for a few impact players in the 2021 class. I guess there is still some hope, but looking like another year of suck while hoping for a great 2022 class.

I'm sure we'll sign a few more players for 2021 but, consistent with my feelings during the Manning and Bz eras, not going to get excited about 3 star signees for WF basketball. (Cue the Tim Duncan...unknown... blah blah). Really hope this post ages poorly and Forbes is able to snag a couple of guys we can be genuinely excited about.

Would love to get one of Mading or Aidoo and 1 of Weston or Coleman... Then just best available. Ideally Whitt. A class like that would most likely be top-20 or 25 and we'd all be back on cloud 9. Let's keep the hope and vibes alive.
This sums it up perfectly and exactly how i feel.

A painful reminder about how long and rocky the road will be back to competitive relevance both on the court and in recruiting. We now have the coach/staff and facilities to attract top talent, but will need to demonstrate we can consistently win against top conference competitors in order to successfully close the deal with recruits like Kidd Jr. I'm afraid lots of patience will be required and multiple years to pass in this process (just like with Clawson...)

Clemson and Wake are completely different campuses and student experiences. Who knows why he liked Clemson better than Wake. But yes, it is tough to lose a quality recruit to Clemson given their recent basketball history, fan support, coach on the hot seat, etc.

Brad Brownell has coached Clemson for 10 seasons. He is 12-2 against WF over that span; Coastal Carolina has a better record against Brownell than WF. Utter domination.

I get that it is vomitus to think that any basketball recruit (particularly one from outside of SC) would select Clemson over WF, but until WF starts beating Clemson with regularity on the court, it will be easy for Brownell to recruit against WF. TWELVE AND TWO.

oich

Brad Brownell has coached Clemson for 10 seasons. He is 12-2 against WF over that span; Coastal Carolina has a better record against Brownell than WF. Utter domination.

I get that it is vomitus to think that any basketball recruit (particularly one from outside of SC) would select Clemson over WF, but until WF starts beating Clemson with regularity on the court, it will be easy for Brownell to recruit against WF. TWELVE AND TWO.

99 year old Cliff Ellis at Coastal > Brad Brownell >>>>>>>>> Jeff somewhere on the spectrum Buzzdick > Daniel Mannequin eating sandwiches in his office

Clemson and Wake are completely different campuses and student experiences. Who knows why he liked Clemson better than Wake. But yes, it is tough to lose a quality recruit to Clemson given their recent basketball history, fan support, coach on the hot seat, etc.

I feel like if you want the Clemson campus experience, just go to an SEC school, have a better experience, and likely a better bball program. Say what you will about Wake's strengths and weaknesses, but we definitely have some unique identifiers that separate us from nearly every other school (for better or worse). I'm not really sure what separates Clemson on any level, let alone the level they're on.

I suppose it's possible Clemson offers a field of study he's interested in? :noidea: I'm out of excuses/ideas for this one, but I'm guessing it's more about what Wake isn't than what Clemson is.

Last edited:
It's hard to put any blame on Forbes and our current staff. If we were a remotely competent team over the past decade then we wouldn't have had an issue closing this deal. Forbes has his work cut out for him and I know he's up for the task. There will come a time, sooner rather than later, that we never lose priority recruits to shitty programs like Clemson, VPI and BC.

Onward and upwards. I have no doubt Forbes can recruit at this level. The only thing that could happen that would put fear in me is if McCray decommitted.

According to Verbal Commits, BC has 6 spots open for 2021 but only one outstanding offer - Carter Whitt. Would the Forbes honeymoon be over if Whitt commits there?

I’m not worried one bit about Forbes and recruiting, everyone needs to relax. he will get it rolling sooner than later in 21 or 22. He’s already got a 4star kid in McCray. Everyone needs to have faith in Forbes.

"Possibility of a red shirt too." There is a reason this was mentioned in Biancardi's tweet. Kidd is coming off an injury that kept him out of competition last year. His initial plan was to attend IMG and strengthen his leg/ease into competition. Wake pushed for reclassification and immediate competition. Clemson pushed for reclassification and was OK with a red shirt in line with Kidd's initial plan. 12-2 is a compelling aspect as well.

If you want to minimize your disappointment, it seems wise to take "Crystal Balls" with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I’m not worried one bit about Forbes and recruiting, everyone needs to relax. he will get it rolling sooner than later in 21 or 22. He’s already got a 4star kid in McCray. Everyone needs to have faith in Forbes.

Yes

"Possibility of a red shirt too." There is a reason this was mentioned in Biancardi's tweet. Kidd is coming off an injury that kept him out of competition last year. His initial plan was to attend IMG and strengthen his leg/ease into competition. Wake pushed for reclassification and immediate competition. Clemson pushed for reclassification and was OK with a red shirt in line with Kidd's initial plan. 12-2 is a compelling aspect as well.

If you want to minimize your disappointment, if seems wise to take "Crystal Balls" with a grain of salt.

Yes

Need to go all in on Aidoo. Clemson was one of his best offers and they just took a big. He's from Charlotte. VPI and Houston are his only other good offers. 6'11 with some decent looking skills. Need to take a big in every class and he looks like the best around.

Back