• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Call me cynical but when does a coach not tell a recruit he is a priority? There's no question that coaches do prioritize their targets but I doubt that information is shared externally. Can a recruit figure it out on his own by the frequency of calls and texts and communicating with other recruits? Maybe. Having said all that, Nickel should be a priority for Wake and VT.

Yeah, recruits can tell if they are a priority by the frequency and nature of the contacts.

Difference between "commit today" and "we're continuing to watch your development."

Last edited:
So...does anyone know anything as far as ‘21 recruiting is concerned? Glad to have McCray on board but we don’t even appear to be seriously in the mix with anyone else at this stage.

Somewhat related, do we know where Daivien fits in all of this? Seems like we haven’t hear anything about him so assuming he’s not going to play this year. Standard caveat “if there’s a season” blah blah blah.

I know Daivien is a small guy but he strikes me as the kind of mid-major guy that we have been saying “why can’t we recruit a guy like that” for the last 10 years.

So...does anyone know anything as far as ‘21 recruiting is concerned? Glad to have McCray on board but we don’t even appear to be seriously in the mix with anyone else at this stage.

Somewhat related, do we know where Daivien fits in all of this? Seems like we haven’t hear anything about him so assuming he’s not going to play this year. Standard caveat “if there’s a season” blah blah blah.
WF is in the final 6 for Brandon Weston, (unofficial) top 8 for Lucas Taylor, and among the top teams for Carter Whitt. Weston is keeping stuff pretty close to the vest but WF is likely among the top 2 or 3 teams there, same goes for the other two guys as well. I don't think any of those three are going to decide within the immediate future but some clarity should likely come within a few weeks to a month or so.

In terms of big men targets, there really aren't any "top targets" for WF right now. They've got some guys they've been keeping an eye on & talking with frequently but the focus has seemingly been on finding some guards & wings so far.

WF is in the final 6 for Brandon Weston, (unofficial) top 8 for Lucas Taylor, and among the top teams for Carter Whitt. Weston is keeping stuff pretty close to the vest but WF is likely among the top 2 or 3 teams there, same goes for the other two guys as well. I don't think any of those three are going to decide within the immediate future but some clarity should likely come within a few weeks to a month or so.

In terms of big men targets, there really aren't any "top targets" for WF right now. They've got some guys they've been keeping an eye on & talking with frequently but the focus has seemingly been on finding some guards & wings so far.

Awesome, thanks for the concise recap! Makes sense that there wouldn’t be much news if these guys are the top targets and we don’t expect a decision soon.

Back