• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I just now realized that if Lynn Kidd reclassifies to 2020 and commits to Wake Forest, then Olivier Sarr's decision to transfer to KY was probably a net positive for the Wake Forest Basketball program.

If Sarr doesn't leave, then we don't have starter's minutes at C this season, and Kidd either commits elsewhere for '20 or doesn't reclassify and probably ends up somewhere else for '21.

Instead, should he commit, we'd presumably get multiple seasons from him (including at least 1-2 when the team should be better) rather than just the one year of Sarr.

Crazy.

Like Rodney Rogers going pro opened up a spot for Tim Duncan.

Greatest Kidd? Jason or Lynn?

If Kidd reclassifies and comes to Wake in 2020, it's a major accomplishment for Forbes. To establish with a Top 100 recruit, beat our multiple P5 competitors, and get someone on campus to help immediately at our biggest position of need? Shows that we have a real coach and recruiter on our hands.

Wake Forest did not make the cut here.

Was a Manning offer (and visit) from last year... No idea if Forbes was still heavily involved, but I have no reason to think we weren't.
WF might have checked in with him once or twice to get a feel on him & his general impressions but WF under Forbes was not really actively recruiting him.

If we get Lynn Kidd, which imo i think we will for the 20 class, you gotta look at the marvelous job Forbes has done putting together a roster in the few months he’s been here. the staff has put together a decent squad for next year in the middle of a pandemic and basically when the transfer portal was dried out. I’m pumped to see how they do with some good coaching. I’m not saying were winning any championships or even postseason play but we could surprise some people.

If we get Lynn Kidd, which imo i think we will for the 20 class, you gotta look at the marvelous job Forbes has done putting together a roster in the few months he’s been here. the staff has put together a decent squad for next year in the middle of a pandemic and basically when the transfer portal was dried out. I’m pumped to see how they do with some good coaching. I’m not saying were winning any championships or even postseason play but we could surprise some people.

6gRCnAr.gif

Agree. A respectable team next season is a realistic goal & would be awesome to see.

“ We are talking about two different ballgames depending upon whether Lynn Kidd jumps into the 2020 class or not. He had planned on returning to IMG Academy for one more year of prep ball, but seeing that is he is already eligible for college and has graduated from high school, the idea of playing college basketball this upcoming season has become intriguing.

If he decides to go that route, Wake Forest is the heavy favorite. No one has pushed harder for his early enrollment than the Deacons and with a chance to start at the center position an attainable opportunity, Wake would be hard to beat if 2020 is the way that he goes.

If he remains in the 2021 class, the chances that Wake Forest would land Kidd becomes much more difficult.”

Well I'm nervous. We don't even know if there's going to be a season.

Well I'm nervous. We don't even know if there's going to be a season.

If there’s no college or high school season, would that almost favor going to college now? He gets nothing out of going to IMG if there’s no opportunity for development there. Even with no or abbreviated college season I would bet he’d be on campus at Wake and would have access to those resources.

If there’s no college or high school season, would that almost favor going to college now? He gets nothing out of going to IMG if there’s no opportunity for development there. Even with no or abbreviated college season I would bet he’d be on campus at Wake and would have access to those resources.

It would, but it would also favor chilling out and waiting for a bigger program to come in.

We’ve got Steve mfing Forbes. We are the bigger program now!
Let’s get this done!

Back