• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

One common factor in Phillips list is that all ten are large public universities. Small, private universities aren't for everyone.

Nah, it's more likely that you just jinxed it with your "McKie is really banking those SC roots" comment 24 hours before Phillips trimmed his list.

Well damn. Serves me right.

damn. This one hurts. I thought we had a good shot on this one. It does show what a massive hole that Bz and Manning put us in, and it takes some time to fill up a hole that big.

My wife knows a Dad of a player on that high school team and I asked her to get some scoop for me a few days ago. She came back with "he says lots of teams are recruiting him." I thought she didn't ask the right questions, but it turns out she was right.

Stephon Castle's dad, Stacey Castle, played at Wake for 2 seasons before transferring to Central Florida. He had the misfortune of being the backup to Randolph Childress so he didn't play much.

Thanks. I was wondering if that was the case.

Stephon Castle's dad, Stacey Castle, played at Wake for 2 seasons before transferring to Central Florida. He had the misfortune of being the backup to Randolph Childress so he didn't play much.

He was also injured early his sophomore year at Wake, which put him further away from minutes.

Castle was part of one of Odom's worst classes, He came in w/ Steve Rich (top 40 big who transferred mid way through frosh year), Bobby Fitzgibbons (transferred after soph season) & Barry Canty (graduated but gave up scholly prior to senior season). Larue was technically in that class but was on FB scholly

Castle was part of one of Odom's worst classes, He came in w/ Steve Rich (top 40 big who transferred mid way through frosh year), Bobby Fitzgibbons (transferred after soph season) & Barry Canty (graduated but gave up scholly prior to senior season). Larue was technically in that class but was on FB scholly

That class looked pretty good on signing day. Rich, top40; Fitzgibbons top100, broke Laetner's HS scoring record. However, Rusty was the only guy who contributed. The rest made up an all transfer class.

I haven't been this psyched for Wake basketball in a very long time.

Ouch. And he had Devin 5th.

Since 2012.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Still one of the greatest posts in ogboards history.

hey man, at least i'll be remembered fondly

the best part of that post is that i was getting paid to have takes on basketball at the time and got the only two respectable guys in that class wrong

fandom is a helluva drug

hey man, at least i'll be remembered fondly

the best part of that post is that i was getting paid to have takes on basketball at the time and got the only two respectable guys in that class wrong

fandom is a helluva drug

We were all so naive back then.

Back