• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Was he being recruited by other schools or was he planning on working his way up through the European leagues?

I think Les is going to weigh in on this on his board. Les met with Forbes today and has some updates coming shortly.

My guess is that Marsh hadn't put much thought in "coming across the pond". Perhaps coach AK or Cam got in his ear. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and he had plenty of suitors but chose us.

Last edited:
Yeah. That’s my thought too. Could be a Dinos situation where he plays a few years and heads back.

These initial UNC '22 recruits are pretty underwhelming for Hubert Davis's initial class.

I'm sure they will turn out to be fine players (I know we really liked Shaver), but starting with two guys outside the Top 100 (for now) strikes me as odd.

Agreed ATS. Feels like a bit of a panic move to get some bodies in the class. Gonna need to be able to coach like hell if that level of recruiting continues.

How many players are they taking in 2022? If they need a big class, taking a 3* with upside and #101 seems like a smart move.

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Matthew Marsh Commits!

How many players are they taking in 2022? If they need a big class, taking a 3* with upside and #101 seems like a smart move.

‘21 - 2 players - #63, 65
‘20 - 6 players - #14, 15, 22, 50, 69, 133
‘19 - 4 players - #4, 27, 72, 179
‘18 - 3 players - #3, 25, 71

15 players in the last 4 classes… Only 2 were outside the top 100.

Again, I’m not saying they won’t be very good players… It’s just not a splash / honeymoon.

The excitement level around that recruiting seems to match the excitement level around that hire. So to me this is pretty much par for the course so far.

We are seriously lucky to have Forbes leading us. Props to Curry.

I think the chances of Wake turning the corner and returning to the upper echelon of the ACC this decade are realistically high.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Article/The-Hoop-Scoop-Jazian-Gortman-intel-emerging-2022-targets-166906597/

from Wolfpack site

JAZIAN GORTMAN LOCKS IN OFFICIAL VISIT
Throughout the last several months, NC State has built a strong relationship with Jazian Gortman from afar during the pandemic. But after offering in late April, the Wolfpack coaching staff saw him in person this past weekend and brought nearly the entire staff to watch -- with Kevin Keatts, James Johnson and Mike Summey all down in Rock Hill, S.C.

Sources tell me that Gortman confirmed with NC State he will take an official visit during Aug. 20-22 and he also plans to take an official visit to Wake Forest at some point. I'm told at this point Florida State is still the team to beat after his official visit to Tallahassee earlier this month, but lead assistant Mike Summey and the rest of the Wolfpack staff are working to get in the mix.

For what it's worth, Gortman is a kid that would fit Keatts' system perfectly, with high-energy play on both ends of the court and a frame that can still put on a lot of muscle to improve on the offensive end with his paint touches. Now the Pack must convince the No. 22 player in the country of that and keep another top prospect away from the Seminoles.

in the comments section, there's a post about Gortman being on WF campus Monday for an unofficial visit. There's also mentions of a couple other WF targets in the article.

based on a previous article I think 2022 PF Julian Phillips is making an unofficial visit tomorrow

These initial UNC '22 recruits are pretty underwhelming for Hubert Davis's initial class.

I'm sure they will turn out to be fine players (I know we really liked Shaver), but starting with two guys outside the Top 100 (for now) strikes me as odd.

I have been to Menonomee Falls, WI. Anybody else ?

I can't wait to watch the number 101 recruit become a top-50 recruit upon further evaluation.

Back