• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Claude is #103 for '22
Carlyle is #15 for '23
Johnson is #35 for '23

Whether or not these players have real interest, they'd be great gets.

Claude is #103 for '22
Carlyle is #15 for '23
Johnson is #35 for '23

Whether or not these players have real interest, they'd be great gets.

Claude's 247 writeup says he is warm toward Xavier. Cool toward everybody else. Sounds like an uphill climb.

I think Claude's recruitment is still pretty wide open. Nothing I've read seems to indicate that it's a done deal for Xavier. I assume the staff thinks they can at least make a push, otherwise there's no real point.

Agree on the '23 thread... But considering we're still 0-fer '22, it's tough to move on.

I think Claude's recruitment is still pretty wide open. Nothing I've read seems to indicate that it's a done deal for Xavier. I assume the staff thinks they can at least make a push, otherwise there's no real point.

Agree on the '23 thread... But considering we're still 0-fer '22, it's tough to move on.

I'm not saying move on. I'm saying have two threads. Post '23 offers in the '23 thread. As we're apparently still offering '22, can post those offers in the '22 thread. But then can post visit updates in the '22 thread as well. Just gets confusing when we're posting offers for recruits to determine if they are '22, '23, or '24.

I'm not saying move on. I'm saying have two threads. Post '23 offers in the '23 thread. As we're apparently still offering '22, can post those offers in the '22 thread. But then can post visit updates in the '22 thread as well. Just gets confusing when we're posting offers for recruits to determine if they are '22, '23, or '24.

Not so fast my friend, Internet message boards not a place for reason and organization.

I think the biggest accomplishment by Forbes since ly is that it appears he's lost a fair amount of weight. Very good for him if that's true. Now when it comes to recruiting with the 2022 class, a bust is a problem for at least 2 more years. Trying to become a winning program without talent is an steep climb at best. If we believe that winning is what will attract recruits then I am not feeling good right now. Forbes is a cool dude no doubt. He "was" a legit program turner and winning coach in a different environment. But this is the big leagues, not AA. Wake Forest is no longer a destination. This is not like football where you can use the Clawson plan to keep and develop players to compensate for the losses. He has maybe 2 more years to get some real talent and prove he can win with it. He's not gonna win with 3* talent and hit or miss transfers. Nobody in CBB does.

The transfer portal and immediate eligibility for transfers has changed recruiting massively in the last two years. Forbes may need to get wins with players from the Portal, like will happen in 21-22 before he gets wins with blue chip recruits from HS.

There will be some 4 and 5 star equivalent players who developed while in college who will be among the 1000+ players in the Transfer Portal next spring. I could see the Wake 22 recruiting class be three portal guys. There will be a lot of grad and undergrad transfers with Covid year eligibility available in the spring.

I think the biggest accomplishment by Forbes since ly is that it appears he's lost a fair amount of weight. Very good for him if that's true. Now when it comes to recruiting with the 2022 class, a bust is a problem for at least 2 more years. Trying to become a winning program without talent is an steep climb at best. If we believe that winning is what will attract recruits then I am not feeling good right now. Forbes is a cool dude no doubt. He "was" a legit program turner and winning coach in a different environment. But this is the big leagues, not AA. Wake Forest is no longer a destination. This is not like football where you can use the Clawson plan to keep and develop players to compensate for the losses. He has maybe 2 more years to get some real talent and prove he can win with it. He's not gonna win with 3* talent and hit or miss transfers. Nobody in CBB does.

We're gonna be fine with Forbes irrespective of how the Class of 2022 turns out. He'll restock the shelf with the departures of Mucius, Williamson, Walton, Sy, and Williams following the 2021-22 season. Just need to give him a chance to build this year's team. It won't be for a lack of effort. He inherited an absolute disaster created by Ron Wellman's hires. Forbes' track record is that of winning, and that should continue here. We've got more depth now than has been the case in years past, with plenty of opportunities for kids who are hungry to step up.

a complete whiff on a recruiting class in 2022 is cause for concern dudes

Back