• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Will be kind of surprised if he selects Nebraska over Wake given that he used to live in Winston-Salem.

All signs point pretty clearly to Nebraska here and my sources aren't really saying anything positive about the recruitment anymore. I would bet there's a good chance he's already silently committed to Nebraska and will be announcing soon. One of his good friends CJ Wilcher is a sophomore there and they've talked about wanting to play together. Of course recruiting is always a fluid process and things can change, but that's what I am hearing. Probably time to go international to fill out the class of 22, I'm not aware of any other major high school targets that we are making progress with.

Will be kind of surprised if he selects Nebraska over Wake given that he used to live in Winston-Salem.

Of course having lived in Winston could be why he doesn’t choose WF as he wants to experience something else.

All signs point pretty clearly to Nebraska here and my sources aren't really saying anything positive about the recruitment anymore. I would bet there's a good chance he's already silently committed to Nebraska and will be announcing soon. One of his good friends CJ Wilcher is a sophomore there and they've talked about wanting to play together. Of course recruiting is always a fluid process and things can change, but that's what I am hearing. Probably time to go international to fill out the class of 22, I'm not aware of any other major high school targets that we are making progress with.

I'm okay with this. If we got Lawrence but not Keller, I would have been sad.

Yep he has a friend (witcher?) Who played there.

Onto the next one.

7ea4e1b229a8aa297ec211834ae579db.jpg

I'm okay with this. If we got Lawrence but not Keller, I would have been sad.

Definitely agree. Get the sense that Forbes sees Lawrence as highly underrated, and loves what he could bring re. outside shooting. But if he signs with Nebraska, at least we got the higher ranked prospect. If outside shooting proves to be problematic during the 21-22 season, I'm confident the need will be quickly addressed through the transfer portal.

Honestly, I’m fine hitting the portal after what should be a greatly improved season. Hold on to the freshman, get Monsanto back, and get two or three guys from the portal and we’ll be in good shape and should have a better shot at 2023 recruits.

Our recruiting kinda sucks. Will we ever be top 4 in ACC again?

In one year Forbes and the staff have completely remade the roster, filling it with ACC quality players.

But sure, our recruiting sucks.

Back