• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Chat Thread: JTP Worst Hypothetical Mod?

It is ok to admit that you can't run these theme games without the mafia power couple. Unfortunately for you guys, we are out for at least the next couple weeks. Maybe longer. Who knows.

It is ok to admit that you can't run these theme games without the mafia power couple. Unfortunately for you guys, we are out for at least the next couple weeks. Maybe longer. Who knows.

Bro, how bad is it? Anything I can do in the Winston area?

Bro, how bad is it? Anything I can do in the Winston area?

Appreciate it, but we are managing, I think. Things are hopefully stabilizing, but it is a bunch of extra tasks now which take away from mafia time.

Besides, you are still laid up. I mean, I was taking my daughter to birthday parties a few days after I had my appendix out, but you do you.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Goose Island belgium stuff for awhile - the sofie and matilda, because it was nationally distributed pretty early. Not sure where Bells falls on the early list, but this wing place near my house in Florida was run by a friend of mine and he was a beer guy, and he got Two Hearted and Oberon on draft, and he and I drank through most of the kegs over a week stretch because no one else ordered it, and it got me hooked on testing and trying out new things - that was maybe 2006.

Oberon used to be my summer beer, light and refreshing

Lagunitas or Bell's is the right answer. Oberon is the perfect summer ale, and Brown Shugga is a favorite of mine in the colder months.

Not sure what sort of footprint Troegs has nationally, but they'd be in the conversation for me too. Nugget Nectar is so friggin' good.

Lagunitas doesn't float my boat and I feel like Bells does a couple things well but most of their stuff disappoints. Troegs has some good stuff. Troeganator is a great winter beer (dopplebock) and Mad Elf is always a winter favorite

FYI while I know I have said to sign me up for anything, I cannot play next week and will be travelling in a car the following Monday, so I could play that one but would be spotty. Carry on!

You're going to be in goddamned quarantine.

Was looking through A-b inbev list, didnt realize they owned Elysian, I like some of their stuff. Shock Top was another early non-traditional beer I drank - I think that was the first time I remember people serving beer with fruit and the reactions from people on both sides was great.

Was looking through A-b inbev list, didnt realize they owned Elysian, I like some of their stuff. Shock Top was another early non-traditional beer I drank - I think that was the first time I remember people serving beer with fruit and the reactions from people on both sides was great.

Yep, A-B owns a lot. They also own Wicked Weed. Which is why I don’t buy Wicked Weed.

We need a hero. Who can save mafia? Where have all the heroes gone? Is that DV7's music I hear?

I agree. Gooner had suggested I try the Voodoo Ranger IPA - so I went through all of them. There is like a regular one, a DIPA, a hazy one, this mango one - they are mostly just average IPAs. The mango one was good, the hazy one was drinkable, but super light. I have never been a big fan of Fat Tire or the original Ranger IPA, but figured I would give it a shot.

I've been hitting Total Wine and loading up on sours the last month or so, which I think has changed my beer tastes - and I drink a lot of fruit added shit now. Not sure what that means about me, but I enjoy it.

Da as me from a year ago just makes sense. The best sours are barrel aged, this is known.

I agree. Gooner had suggested I try the Voodoo Ranger IPA - so I went through all of them. There is like a regular one, a DIPA, a hazy one, this mango one - they are mostly just average IPAs. The mango one was good, the hazy one was drinkable, but super light. I have never been a big fan of Fat Tire or the original Ranger IPA, but figured I would give it a shot.

I've been hitting Total Wine and loading up on sours the last month or so, which I think has changed my beer tastes - and I drink a lot of fruit added shit now. Not sure what that means about me, but I enjoy it.

new belgium offerings that ship out across the nation are mostly meh for sure (all the standard flagship stuff), but if you ever get a chance to hit up the actual brewery (the one in asheville is awesome location) they do a lot of much better stuff you'll generally only find there, especially sours

Back