• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Probably a stupid refinancing mortgage question..

Yeah, the answer here is to not touch the rental mortgage (rates aren't near as low on investment properties, anyways) and refi the primary down to 2.875 assuming you'll be in it for more than a couple more years.

Thanks. I was thinking of rolling the rental mortgage into the primary so that I’d get 2.875-3 on one mortgage. We may be selling the primary in the next couple of years however.

How many Big Johnson, Coed Naked, and Big Dog T-shirts did/does GTB own, the starting bid must be greater than 50.

Secret Santa this shirt is for GTB during Christmas.

475d8a863c4c8a95f9f0b01a0d74dbfd.jpg

After mentioning the pay-extra-principal calculations (where apparently I had a shitty mortgage company in the past) I went ahead and paid extra principal this month to see how it affected the remainder of the amortization schedule, and I can report that US Bank did the payments recalculation and now my principal/interest ratios are more favorable for the remainder of the loan and it did save me a reasonable chunk of interest.

Back