• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

“You may owe?”
Awesome. Tell them you may pay.
Anyway, I hope the clap clears up for you.

So you're mad that you saved money by picking the silver plan? Do you get angry about changing your oil too?

So you're mad that you saved money by picking the silver plan? Do you get angry about changing your oil too?

Pretty sure he is saying that $170 is out of the range of many people for a PCP visit and there is no reason it should be that high, especially with what is supposed to be a mid-tier plan. He is not upset for himself, but those that don't have the means to cover that and will just stay sick, or will ultimately be forced to go to the er when they get worse.

Now, I am very confused by health insurance, but I do know that a statement of benefits is not a bill for services, and those numbers can change. That said, it is very easy to see how people on the margins living paycheck to paycheck can get into a spiral of debt and sickness.

he knows that

$170 is pretty bonkers for a PCP visit - was there some sort of testing or something that wasn't covered or was this just a check for an ear infection?

mdmh hates healthcare yet he participates in it. curious...

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

he knows that

$170 is pretty bonkers for a PCP visit - was there some sort of testing or something that wasn't covered or was this just a check for an ear infection?

So 3 things I “knew” when choosing my silver plan:
1. Coinsurance for PCP visits doesn’t kick in until deductible is met
2. Insurance provides a discount of the providers rate.
3. Diagnostic visits are over $100

What I didn’t know:
1. My insurance “discount” would only be 40%
2. The cost of a diagnostic visit with my PCP, with no labs, would cost 300 fucking dollars.

For anyone curious, I have gout that was diagnosed at an urgent care visit awhile back, and to get a refillable prescription for gout medicine I had to visit my PCP and get an official diagnosis.

So 3 things I “knew” when choosing my silver plan:
1. Coinsurance for PCP visits doesn’t kick in until deductible is met
2. Insurance provides a discount of the providers rate.
3. Diagnostic visits are over $100

What I didn’t know:
1. My insurance “discount” would only be 40%
2. The cost of a diagnostic visit with my PCP, with no labs, would cost 300 fucking dollars.

For anyone curious, I have gout that was diagnosed at an urgent care visit awhile back, and to get a refillable prescription for gout medicine I had to visit my PCP and get an official diagnosis.

Ugh...gout is fucking miserable. I dealt with it for years before my PCP realized that one of my meds (HCTZ) was causing uric acid build up. Switched my meds which eliminated most of the problem and eventually settled on a gout preventative. Hope you get that solved quickly. Truly miserable ailment to have.

Hey look its that crossfit guy's little buddy again. so sassy!!

Waiters do not put the big silver dome over our food before serving it anymore because of politics culture

Welp, that’s what I deserve for getting sick on the “silver” plan. Thank God I didn’t choose the bronze plan or they would have demanded one of my kidneys as collateral
ba0d2af1b97d6e05256a7c861d9cf9a8.jpg

Novant just threatened to send my outstanding balance ($57) to collections, after having BC/BS deny my claim/coverage thrice.

The charge stems from the blood-work done during my routine/annual physical, which absolutely should be covered.

BC/BS coded their decision & subsequent reviews as 'over-use of testing benefits' on my end.

So, amazingly, even though I paid LabCorp out-of-pocket for my ONE Covid19 test... I guess LabCorp still ran something through my insurance.

I've had 1 Covid Test & 1 annual physical... And, my 'top-of-the-line' policy covered neither. Fun!

and it's not just the fact that your policy sucks, it's also that you have to navigate really intentionally opaque and frustrating processes to even find out how to address it

Back