• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

It's amazing how much so many people hate Pelosi and AOC. They seem like decent enough people whether you like their policies or not.

Meanwhile, Trump is an awful person by any measure.

It's amazing how much so many people hate Pelosi and AOC. They seem like decent enough people whether you like their policies or not.

Meanwhile, Trump is an awful person by any measure.

he really makes 70m people feel good about themselves. they feel right at home with him "defending" their values.

Gotta admit I was probably addicted to the constant outrage towards the Trump administration. This Biden fellah is boring!

You should watch Fox. Then you will realize how evil he is.

I'll watch fox whenever something big goes down like the capitol riots, but haven't checked it out in a couple weeks. I can usually make it a couple minutes, is Hannity still full on blast about Biden being a disaster?

Update on the Lincoln Project from the right-wing AP News:

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-b14be5f06588b8f1d78125d4141394cb

Since its creation, the Lincoln Project has raised $90 million. But only about a third of the money, roughly $27 million, directly paid for advertisements that aired on broadcast and cable, or appeared online, during the 2020 campaign, according to an analysis of campaign finance disclosures and data from the ad tracking firm Kantar/CMAG.

That leaves tens of millions of dollars that went toward expenses like production costs, overhead — and exorbitant consulting fees collected by members of the group.

“It raises questions about where the rest of the money ultimately went,” said Brendan Fischer, an attorney with the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center in Washington. “Generally speaking, you’d expect to see a major super PAC spend a majority or more of their money on advertisements and that’s not what happened here.”

The vast majority of the cash was split among consulting firms controlled by its founders, including about $27 million paid to a small firm controlled by Galen and another $21 million paid to a boutique firm run by former Lincoln Project member Ron Steslow, campaign finance disclosures show.

Public records reveal that the unexpected success of the Lincoln Project has extended a lifeline to some founders who have spent much of the past decade under financial distress.

Over the past decade, Weaver has repeatedly failed to pay taxes, defaulted on loans and faced lawsuits from creditors seeking to collect. In October, he paid off $313,000 in back taxes owed to the IRS dating back to 2011, records show. A separate case in Texas is still pending over $340,000 back rent his family owes after shuttering a children’s boutique they operated, records show.

Others used the money earned during their time with Lincoln Project to refinance homes, or purchase a new one. Schmidt purchased a $1.4 million “Mountain Modern” custom home in Kamas, Utah, with five bedrooms, seven baths and a “stunning” view of the Uinta Mountains, according to property records and real estate listings. He is currently trying to resell the home for $2.9 million.

But as money flowed into the group, multiple people with direct knowledge said allegations against Weaver were repeatedly raised inside the organization, long before leaders acknowledged them publicly in late January. Those with knowledge insisted on anonymity in order to disclose private communications.

Last June, someone working for the Lincoln Project payroll sent an email to Steslow, one of the organization’s co-founders, detailing numerous cases of sexual harassment involving Weaver that spanned several years. While the AP has not seen the email, its contents were confirmed by four people who had directly seen it.

Woah.... pedophile John Weaver used to run a children's boutique???

Nice job by all of the dipshits on this board and on the left who donated to and supported these clowns. Good work.

Update on the Lincoln Project from the right-wing AP News:

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-b14be5f06588b8f1d78125d4141394cb

Woah.... pedophile John Weaver used to run a children's boutique???

Nice job by all of the dipshits on this board and on the left who donated to and supported these clowns. Good work.

Now do trump's campaign finances <cough>600 million<cough>jaredkushner<cough>personal family accounts<cough>

Also, tell me what I should think about low information old men that oggle sombrero wearing coeds (aka kids)

I think a lot of people on here and elsewhere saw the Lincoln Project for what it was, a moneymaking front for a bunch of donk never Trumpers

You got us, Brad. Those Lincoln Project *checks notes* conservatives are asshole grifters.

Outside of maybe NED, is there anybody on this board who gave money to the Lincoln Project? Or is this yet another case of "the point remains" from our resident rocket surgeon?

Pretty sure I did. I certainly enjoyed their work and I didn't have any expectation that they were working for free.

You've gotta love Republicans. While Trump was in office, he couldn't be prosecuted because he was in office. Now, he can't be impeached because he's not in office. They have it all wrapped up in a nice little bow.

I agree with the sentiment but holy cow that is a horrible run on sentence of concepts and big words that looks like an early dissertation draft.

So when do Democrats start actually trying to pass bills and make Republicans vote against COVID relief, job creation, prison reform, etc?

So when do Democrats start actually trying to pass bills and make Republicans vote against COVID relief, job creation, prison reform, etc?

They aren't in session this week Allegedly, the House will be doing mark-ups and finalizing other issues next week.

What’s the logic of not being in session right now? The trial took up a whole week of you not getting to pass COVID relief, it’s February in a non-election year. They were barely in session before Mitch adjourned them until the inauguration (causing the unconstitutional trial !). Get to work.

Back