• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/...-it-was-really-like-serving-right-wing-elite/

Exactly what you would expect

“ One more thing. Don’t forget the snacks. A tray of junk food needed to be available for every Trump visit: Lay’s potato chips (specifically, sour cream and onion), Milky Way, Snickers, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Tic Tacs, gummy bears, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Nutter Butters, Tootsie Rolls, chocolate-covered raisins, and Pop-Secret.”

Once an entertainment diva always a diva. During my time at Wake, I think the longest rider I saw was Leslie West (West, Bruce and Laing). It was many pages long and even specified what color M&Ms.

yeah I read that this morning. it's the only restaurant Trump ever visited during his time in DC. never went out shopping anywhere, never took in a show, not even at the Kennedy Center. the Obamas were famous for going out a lot and giving big bumps in business to the restaurants they visited (often times Michelle on her own). the Bidens have already been spotted out shopping at a few places, including a bakery on Capitol Hill.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/...-it-was-really-like-serving-right-wing-elite/

Exactly what you would expect

“ One more thing. Don’t forget the snacks. A tray of junk food needed to be available for every Trump visit: Lay’s potato chips (specifically, sour cream and onion), Milky Way, Snickers, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Tic Tacs, gummy bears, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Nutter Butters, Tootsie Rolls, chocolate-covered raisins, and Pop-Secret.”

no kraft instamac packages?

gotta also love Melania sending back the expensive Dover sole because of the audacity of some parsley on the plate

Trump himself never returned a plate, but if he was disappointed, you can bet the complaint would travel down the ranks. Like the time the President questioned why his dining companion had a bigger steak. The restaurant already special-ordered super-sized shrimp just for him and no one else. Next time, they’d better beef up the beef.

My favorite part.

I'm sure he doesn't realize that when you cook a steak well done, it is going to shrink compared to one that is actually edible.

laughing at the image of big boy Trump with his tomahawk ribeye for two while the prime minister of Latvia or whatever has a tiny filet

I'm sure he doesn't realize that when you cook a steak well done, it is going to shrink compared to one that is actually edible.

I'll always remember being at the Hotel Lexington in NYC eating in their old showroom. On the bottom of the menu was a 64 point statement- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY STEAK COOKED MORE THAN MEDIUM.

There was a guy with a date sitting at the next table. Very loudly, he asked the server if the peas were fresh or canned; how another veggie was prepared; where the cork in the wine came from and then ordered his steak well done.

Perhaps the rubes like Trump because he'd be just like them if he wasn't born rich.

sounds like they're backing down on the minimum wage increase for now

They are waiting for the Senate Parliamentarian to rule on whether the minimum wage part is legal for a reconciliation bill. If it is, they will put it in. If not, there will be a stand alone bill.

The link above was for the new immigration bill. Sounds like the House is working on the COVID bill this week.

oh i know, I was just responding to the "things are finally moving" piece re: where they aren't moving

yeah i bet that's fucking weird as hell.

i don't even notice pharma ads anymore. it's such a style of advertising that each one is a parody of itself.

being an American is pretty weird

yeah i bet that's fucking weird as hell.

i don't even notice pharma ads anymore. it's such a style of advertising that each one is a parody of itself.

being an American is pretty weird

Wait a second! You don't pay enough attention to know you shouldn't take a medication if you are allergic to it? Or if it may cause death?

You are playing with fire.

Back