Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    PM me. Seriously.
    sent!
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Alright dude Iím done. I have enough FOX newsers in my family who jump on every opportunity to feel aggrieved.

My final piece of advice is to stop acting like a shithead, and then people will stop thinking you are one.
    I mean, I am. So yíall arenít wrong. At least I own it. But, in reality, I know you arenít a bad dude Brasky. I think we need to not accuse each other, even tacitly, of rape/murder/pedophilia and the like.

Also I apologize to Townie about the wife comment. That was a low blow. Sorry dude.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Let's clarify this list (based on our best guesses).

Things that are popular:

low or no premiums and deductibles
    high quality care
    zero cost at point of service
    no medical bankruptcies
    removing the link between employment and access to care

Things that aren't popular:

working with an insurance company on a medical charge
    being forced to change doctors or hospitals
    as someone who has what is considered decent employee-provided health insurance and a little bit of savvy in navigating systems, I do not understand how the average person is okay with the status quo

you never even know what things actually are going to cost

I mean, I am. So yíall arenít wrong. At least I own it. But, in reality, I know you arenít a bad dude Brasky. I think we need to not accuse each other, even tacitly, of rape/murder/pedophilia and the like.

Also I apologize to Townie about the wife comment. That was a low blow. Sorry dude.
    Ok, I can agree with that. I apologize for taking it too far. And Iím honestly happy that youíre offended by what I said, you should be. I will cease the personal attacks.

Now back to the discussion about how M4A is just as impossible as government recognized marriage equality.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Is DG3 a landlord? *chefs kiss*
    Also will add I have a property management company that handles 100% of that. The only time Iím involved in anything is when they need money for something. My dad likes to joke that itís what it was like to parent me as a teenager.
    Last edited by DG3; 07-28-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I didnít when I bought them 8 years ago. Incredible what you can do in a short period of time with diligent work. And, somehow, I still find time to work out daily. Whatís your excuse?
    Whatís the point of rushing to debt freedom in an insanely low interest rate environment

pretty sure you both are talking about the exact same thing and disagreeing on the meaning of the word "landlord"

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    Whatís the point of rushing to debt freedom in an insanely low interest rate environment
    Because I donít like owing anyone anything. Iím sure youíve noticed over the past few months, but the world can change at the drop of a bat (heh heh heh)

Also will add I have a property management company that handles 100% of that. The only time Iím involved in anything is when they need money for something. My dad likes to joke that itís what it was like to parent me as a teenager.
    Sounds exhausting.

people have said worse, no worries

ad hominems do nobody favors

i think we all get too big for our britches sometimes

Because I donít like owing anyone anything. Iím sure youíve noticed over the past few months, but the world can change at the drop of a bat (heh heh heh)
    I guess. Like if you lose your job tomorrow (or get sick in the US healthcare system) youíd not want to be forced to make a mortgage payment? but if youíre plowing all your liquid nw into rental property by paying cash thatís like the opposite of risk averse and wouldnít help a ton in that situation either.

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Sounds exhausting.
    Iím sure teenage DG3 was. Not much has changed. But the tenants are nowhere near as exhausting as a few of the startups Iíve seeded. Thatís another level.

I will personally help finance the facilitation of said moves. If anyone here wants to follow suit, please DM me and I will contribute up to $5k to any OGB posterís move who proves that they are moving out of the US and renouncing their citizenship.

I am 100% serious.
    Coming back around to this - how do you sincerely feel about Americans who don't like America?
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    I guess. Like if you lose your job tomorrow (or get sick in the US healthcare system) youíd not want to be forced to make a mortgage payment? but if youíre plowing all your liquid nw into rental property by paying cash thatís like the opposite of risk averse and wouldnít help a ton in that situation either.
    I paid those off several years ago, to be clear. I see exactly what youíre saying, but I just like to free of debt. Like if we went into another 2008, which will almost certainly happen sooner or later, I donít want to be at 40-60% income and still have to pay down boatloads of debt. I guess I saw what 08-09 did to my parents and it scared the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Coming back around to this - how do you sincerely feel about Americans who don't like America?
    Thatís their right as American citizens. I obviously disagree, but if thatís what makes you happy, you certainly donít need my permission to hate away.

Thatís their right as American citizens. I obviously disagree, but if thatís what makes you happy, you certainly donít need my permission to hate away.
    Ok. The 5k offer to help move came off pretty aggressive for you now being so understanding, but we all go off a little hot sometimes.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Ok. The 5k offer to help move came off pretty aggressive for you now being so understanding, but we all go off a little hot sometimes.
    Do I want those folks around me and influencing elections? Fuck no, but they also have to same rights that I do as an American citizen. They should never be compelled to leave by any stretch, but if I can help facilitate that in a mutual manner, Iím game.

This is akin to my take on abortion. Iím pro choice. SHOCKER! Personally, Iím absolutely against abortion, but, I am in control of my own decisions and, generally, outcomes. I donít need my morality to be governed to the masses.
    Last edited by DG3; 07-28-2020 at 02:36 PM.

I think there is some fantasy of oh you are American welcome to our country you superior being. When in reality to move to another country is exceptionally hard especially when its somewhere like Europe or Canada. Many require advanced degrees or showing some tangible value that you will bring to the country. Its why the saddled with debt millennial with a useless degree proclaiming they are moving to Canada every election is laughable.

free movement of capital, but not free movement of labor

amirite?

Do I want those folks around me and influencing elections? Fuck no
    This is where I was leading you. Why would you be more concerned with getting rid of malcontents than addressing their concerns?
    Draxx them sklounst