• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Alright dude I’m done. I have enough FOX newsers in my family who jump on every opportunity to feel aggrieved.

My final piece of advice is to stop acting like a shithead, and then people will stop thinking you are one.

I mean, I am. So y’all aren’t wrong. At least I own it. But, in reality, I know you aren’t a bad dude Brasky. I think we need to not accuse each other, even tacitly, of rape/murder/pedophilia and the like.

Also I apologize to Townie about the wife comment. That was a low blow. Sorry dude.

Let's clarify this list (based on our best guesses).

Things that are popular:

low or no premiums and deductibles
high quality care
zero cost at point of service
no medical bankruptcies
removing the link between employment and access to care

Things that aren't popular:

working with an insurance company on a medical charge
being forced to change doctors or hospitals

as someone who has what is considered decent employee-provided health insurance and a little bit of savvy in navigating systems, I do not understand how the average person is okay with the status quo

you never even know what things actually are going to cost

I mean, I am. So y’all aren’t wrong. At least I own it. But, in reality, I know you aren’t a bad dude Brasky. I think we need to not accuse each other, even tacitly, of rape/murder/pedophilia and the like.

Also I apologize to Townie about the wife comment. That was a low blow. Sorry dude.

Ok, I can agree with that. I apologize for taking it too far. And I’m honestly happy that you’re offended by what I said, you should be. I will cease the personal attacks.

Now back to the discussion about how M4A is just as impossible as government recognized marriage equality.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Is DG3 a landlord? *chefs kiss*

Also will add I have a property management company that handles 100% of that. The only time I’m involved in anything is when they need money for something. My dad likes to joke that it’s what it was like to parent me as a teenager.

Last edited:
I didn’t when I bought them 8 years ago. Incredible what you can do in a short period of time with diligent work. And, somehow, I still find time to work out daily. What’s your excuse?

What’s the point of rushing to debt freedom in an insanely low interest rate environment

pretty sure you both are talking about the exact same thing and disagreeing on the meaning of the word "landlord"

What’s the point of rushing to debt freedom in an insanely low interest rate environment

Because I don’t like owing anyone anything. I’m sure you’ve noticed over the past few months, but the world can change at the drop of a bat (heh heh heh)

Also will add I have a property management company that handles 100% of that. The only time I’m involved in anything is when they need money for something. My dad likes to joke that it’s what it was like to parent me as a teenager.

Sounds exhausting.

people have said worse, no worries

ad hominems do nobody favors

i think we all get too big for our britches sometimes

Because I don’t like owing anyone anything. I’m sure you’ve noticed over the past few months, but the world can change at the drop of a bat (heh heh heh)

I guess. Like if you lose your job tomorrow (or get sick in the US healthcare system) you’d not want to be forced to make a mortgage payment? but if you’re plowing all your liquid nw into rental property by paying cash that’s like the opposite of risk averse and wouldn’t help a ton in that situation either.

Sounds exhausting.

I’m sure teenage DG3 was. Not much has changed. But the tenants are nowhere near as exhausting as a few of the startups I’ve seeded. That’s another level.

I will personally help finance the facilitation of said moves. If anyone here wants to follow suit, please DM me and I will contribute up to $5k to any OGB poster’s move who proves that they are moving out of the US and renouncing their citizenship.

I am 100% serious.
Coming back around to this - how do you sincerely feel about Americans who don't like America?

I guess. Like if you lose your job tomorrow (or get sick in the US healthcare system) you’d not want to be forced to make a mortgage payment? but if you’re plowing all your liquid nw into rental property by paying cash that’s like the opposite of risk averse and wouldn’t help a ton in that situation either.

I paid those off several years ago, to be clear. I see exactly what you’re saying, but I just like to free of debt. Like if we went into another 2008, which will almost certainly happen sooner or later, I don’t want to be at 40-60% income and still have to pay down boatloads of debt. I guess I saw what 08-09 did to my parents and it scared the shit out of me.

Coming back around to this - how do you sincerely feel about Americans who don't like America?

That’s their right as American citizens. I obviously disagree, but if that’s what makes you happy, you certainly don’t need my permission to hate away.

That’s their right as American citizens. I obviously disagree, but if that’s what makes you happy, you certainly don’t need my permission to hate away.
Ok. The 5k offer to help move came off pretty aggressive for you now being so understanding, but we all go off a little hot sometimes.

Ok. The 5k offer to help move came off pretty aggressive for you now being so understanding, but we all go off a little hot sometimes.

Do I want those folks around me and influencing elections? Fuck no, but they also have to same rights that I do as an American citizen. They should never be compelled to leave by any stretch, but if I can help facilitate that in a mutual manner, I’m game.

This is akin to my take on abortion. I’m pro choice. SHOCKER! Personally, I’m absolutely against abortion, but, I am in control of my own decisions and, generally, outcomes. I don’t need my morality to be governed to the masses.

Last edited:
I think there is some fantasy of oh you are American welcome to our country you superior being. When in reality to move to another country is exceptionally hard especially when its somewhere like Europe or Canada. Many require advanced degrees or showing some tangible value that you will bring to the country. Its why the saddled with debt millennial with a useless degree proclaiming they are moving to Canada every election is laughable.

Do I want those folks around me and influencing elections? Fuck no

This is where I was leading you. Why would you be more concerned with getting rid of malcontents than addressing their concerns?

Back