• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Newsome will probably be a better governor since he had to pull up his bootstraps and get busy campaigning. Thanks pubs!

Egg-throwing racists win.

Hmmm - I wouldn't be so sure of that.

According to the crack CSI: Tunnels investigative team, the racist egg-thrower was most likely a supporter of one of the other pubs on the ballot. Definitely not a dem or a Newsome supporter.

So if the racist egg throwers actually won, that puts a serious hole in the theory floated by the CSI Tunnels squad. So which is it?

Also wanted to drop in to give a shoutout to Team Blue for holding down California. Well done, gents. Well done!! I'm sure the Truly seltzers will taste even sweeter tonight during the celebration!!

There are still plenty of votes left to count in CA, but it looks like there are some good takeaways for 2022.

The turnout was very strong and may end up not too far off from 2018 turnout. The margin will likely end up between how Newsome did in 2018 and how Biden did in 2020. So Republicans were motivated but Democrats responded. This helped CA Democrats get the operation in place to bring into 2022. It also put other states on watch as well. Newsome affirmative ran on pro-vaccine, pro-masking and pinned his top Republican opponent as being against both. And he didn't seem to lose support for it. Hopefully that will inspire McAuliffe to do the same. Hopefully we won't be dealing with this in 2022, but 2022 Dems can run on being part of the solution the whole time instead of being against progress.

There are still plenty of votes left to count in CA, but it looks like there are some good takeaways for 2022.

The turnout was very strong and may end up not too far off from 2018 turnout. The margin will likely end up between how Newsome did in 2018 and how Biden did in 2020. So Republicans were motivated but Democrats responded. This helped CA Democrats get the operation in place to bring into 2022. It also put other states on watch as well. Newsome affirmative ran on pro-vaccine, pro-masking and pinned his top Republican opponent as being against both. And he didn't seem to lose support for it. Hopefully that will inspire McAuliffe to do the same. Hopefully we won't be dealing with this in 2022, but 2022 Dems can run on being part of the solution the whole time instead of being against progress.

Based on the fundraising e-mails, most of his campaign is statements like "My opponent has been endorsed by Trump not once, not twice but three times!" (none of those endorsements came before the Republican primary). Lately, some more empahsis on defending abortion rights. TV ads seem to emphasize his record from his first term in 2014-2017. First debate is tomorrow, so we'll see.

We don't want to become like Texas and Florida should be a good message for Democrats in 2022.

Moderate Dems really are the worst of us. At least the Qanon folks are honest about their intentions.

I'm going to take a step back from working with the Democratic Party until it sort itself out. The last six months have been extremely disheartening. I'm going to send an email out to my precinct later this week resigning by chair.

Voting rights, minimum wage increase, drug price control all killed by a small number of morally corrupt Democrats.

I can no longer be associated with these scumbags.

Oh man, just fired off an email to 200 people and the county chair resigning my post. Talked about increased work responsibilities and lack of belief in the party being the reasons for doing it.

So my neighbors are about to love me or hate me. Or continue to have no idea who I am.

Anyways, fun times.

I bet that landlord was like “Let’s see what the libs do about this one.”7

And I thought nothing could split the left this week like AOC’s dress.

Oh man, just fired off an email to 200 people and the county chair resigning my post. Talked about increased work responsibilities and lack of belief in the party being the reasons for doing it.

So my neighbors are about to love me or hate me. Or continue to have no idea who I am.

Anyways, fun times.

Join DSA.

After dealing with some landlord nonsense the last couple months I’m about ready to join the M Team and call for public execution of them all.

Speaking of...

https://www.tampabay.com/investigat...-be-evicted-entire-families-lost-their-homes/

TAMPA — Police apprehended the three teenage boys, their pockets bulging with coins, close to South Seminole Heights shortly before dawn.

The youngest was 16. His haul from a nighttime spree of stealing from cars was $4.44 in change, a glove, a flashlight, a hoodie and wireless headphones.

The boy was taken to a juvenile detention center. Make sure he goes to school and does not sneak out at night, police told his mother.

But under a Tampa police initiative, officers also notified the management of Robles Park Village, the public housing complex where he lived.

His entire family lost their home.

Since 2013, the Tampa Police Department has taken a hands-on role at more than 100 apartment communities, sending notices to landlords when their tenants are arrested or stopped by officers and encouraging their eviction.

But the program also swept up more than 100 people who were arrested for misdemeanors — and dozens more whose charges were later dropped, a Tampa Bay Times investigation has found.

Tenants were reported to their landlord for matters as small as shoplifting; two were reported for driving with a suspended license. Entire families lost their homes after the arrest of a child or a relative who didn’t live with them.

And roughly 90 percent of the 1,100 people flagged by the program were Black, police records show. That’s despite Black residents making up only 54 percent of all arrests in Tampa over the past eight years.

It’s amazing how we seem to forget that our global economy runs on people. Over 4.5 million people have died. Dozens of millions more have missed significant work time due to COVID. Obviously the world economy isn’t going to run like it used to run.

Back