• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

You see what I mean, you think it would have been worth it for Billy to get screamed at in starbucks a couple times when he knew he was in line to make 25 million dollars? Thats nothing. Joe Rogan made motherfuckers swim in cockroaches and jump off moving cars for like 25k an episode on Fear Factor. These politicians need real fear to keep them from doing this kind of shit.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

The Detroit Pistons did a naturalization ceremony for 17 new citizens at halftime to tonight’s preseason game vs the Spurs.

Pretty awesome.

And Kamala’s husband spoke after the pledge of allegiance.

Last edited:
You see what I mean, you think it would have been worth it for Billy to get screamed at in starbucks a couple times when he knew he was in line to make 25 million dollars? Thats nothing. Joe Rogan made motherfuckers swim in cockroaches and jump off moving cars for like 25k an episode on Fear Factor. These politicians need real fear to keep them from doing this kind of shit.

Can you elaborate? Why wouldn't we just try and change the laws about the revolving door between govt and industry?

That guy knows where his bootstraps are. I mean he is working a lot harder than some IT guy or teacher, no doubt. That is hard, important work and the compensation is on balance

The col applauds his efforts to pursue his passion (grifting from the American people) and becoming wildly successful at it.

Can you elaborate? Why wouldn't we just try and change the laws about the revolving door between govt and industry?

Why don’t our elected officials pass laws that would limit their post-political professional opportunities and prevent themselves from profiting off their political power? That seems like a question that answers itself. “Who watches the Watchmen” etc.

jh why are you involved with him, I thought you were #aboveitall and the GOP you claim to know has no room for his nonsense.

just figured out that "perfect is the enemy of the good" is Voltaire

even more proof that the Enlightenment was a mistake

just figured out that "perfect is the enemy of the good" is Voltaire

even more proof that the Enlightenment was a mistake

Referred to as an aphorism when it’s really an informal fallacy - just a way to dismiss disagreement over degrees of compromise.

It’s really good advice when writing a dissertation though.
The best dissertation is a finished dissertation.

Though a bad dissertation may hurt your chances of getting a job and fuck you over down the line when you've got to adapt it to monograph form (for those in book fields)

The best dissertation is a finished dissertation.

Though a bad dissertation may hurt your chances of getting a job and fuck you over down the line when you've got to adapt it to monograph form (for those in book fields)

Sure, a bad dissertation is not advisable either. But there is a nice happy middle ground somewhere, where a quality but imperfect dissertation is good enough.

I think that's unique to your field. I've never even heard the words "bad dissertation." I'd be shocked if anybody besides my committee read my dissertation to know if it was any good or not and that's fine.

Oh I've definitely read some bad dissertations. But they usually reflect bad scholarship and those people aren't getting jobs anyways

And yes, I do suspect there's something field specific going on. Bc our graduates are generally not much published leaving grad school (publication is ridiculously difficult in my field) the dissertation perhaps is given greater weight

Mine is fortunately embargoed for seven years so nobody's read it

Last night’s at Neyland Stadium, Tennessee fans delayed the game 20 minutes by throwing trash on the field after Tennessee fell short on a crucial 4th and 24 down 5 with under a minute left. The Tennessee cheerleaders, dance team, and band left the stadium for their safety even though the game wasn’t even over becauseTennessee had 3 timeouts. The Vols got the ball back with a chance to win.

That was an impromptu sports miniature version of Jan 6. Events like that will continue until there are real consequences to discourage such behavior. These assholes need to learn to take the damn L instead of throwing violent temper tantrums because they feel like they’re entitled to win.

Back