• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

When Mecklenburg, Wake, and Guilford Counties are split into three districts instead of two, it's obvious what you're doing.

On top of that, Mecklenburg County and Wake County, which are the engines of growth in this state, would be better represented in Congress by two representatives who are heavily invested in those counties, rather than 75,000 people from those counties and a bunch of hill people and dirt farmers. And ultimately, that would benefit the state of NC.

On top of that, Mecklenburg County and Wake County, which are the engines of growth in this state, would be better represented in Congress by two representatives who are heavily invested in those counties, rather than 75,000 people from those counties and a bunch of hill people and dirt farmers. And ultimately, that would benefit the state of NC.

Not if your pulling for a specific team, like jh is.

Yes but what benefits the Republican Party the most?

Not if your pulling for a specific team, like jh is.

Or you could do math.

The State of North Carolina has 10.49M people in it. 14 of them will be in the House. Wake/Meck/Guilford represent about 30% of that total. As it stands, residents of the those cities will need about 4 people to be represented, which is what is going to happen.

eta:

Currently, the State is represented in part by:

Kathy Manning, Greensboro resident
Dan Bishop, Charlotte resident
Deborah Ross, Raleigh resident
David Price, a Chapel Hill resident
Richard Hudson, a Concord resident
Patrick McHenry, a Denver resident
Alma Adams, a Charlotte resident

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you could do math.

The State of North Carolina has 10.49M people in it. 14 of them will be in the House. Wake/Meck/Guilford represent about 30% of that total. As it stands, residents of the those cities will need about 4 people to be represented, which is what is going to happen.

eta:

Currently, the State is represented in part by:

Kathy Manning, Greensboro resident
Dan Bishop, Charlotte resident
Deborah Ross, Raleigh resident
David Price, a Chapel Hill resident
Richard Hudson, a Concord resident
Patrick McHenry, a Denver resident
Alma Adams, a Charlotte resident

Lol whatever benefits the team

So it's 2021 and we are still letting elected officials draw the maps & not an independent commission. Cool, wonder how much all the inevitable lawsuits will cost.

Lol whatever benefits the team

As it stands, 9 of our 13 representatives are residents of our five biggest cities (and Chapel Hill). If you're really worried about the hinterlands dominating your beloved urban centers, let me set your troubled heart at ease with math.

So it's 2021 and we are still letting elected officials draw the maps & not an independent commission. Cool, wonder how much all the inevitable lawsuits will cost.

Seems like the lawsuits will be pointless since the damn SCOTUS already rejected this shit before.

As it stands, 9 of our 13 representatives are residents of our five biggest cities (and Chapel Hill). If you're really worried about the hinterlands dominating your beloved urban centers, let me set your troubled heart at ease with math.

Western North Carolina's most populous city and county do not have a district office from our member of Congress. I feel underrepresented.

I’m not worried about that. Biff said it.

If you were in favor of unbiased maps you’d say it. But you’re not. It benefits the team.

You just divide it by three and it all works out guys. Math!

I’m not worried about that. Biff said it.

If you were in favor of unbiased maps you’d say it. But you’re not. It benefits the team.

I'm in favor of knowing what you're talking about. So far, you're 0-1 on Urban-Rural imbalance. Try again?

bruh why do you all respond to that dude

It’s entertaining in a way. No point in responding to pure trolls like angus and sailor is fried. But this guy posts like he’s trying to convince himself of his bullshit as much as any of us.

It’s entertaining in a way. No point in responding to pure trolls like angus and sailor is fried. But this guy posts like he’s trying to convince himself of his bullshit as much as any of us.

posrep

At the moment, I'm trying to convince myself you're really against gerrymandering. So, I'll ask again, did you object to the other map on my original post when it was the law? If not, why not?

Back