• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

The strangest argument is the mouthbreathers claiming the trial should have been over as soon as Grosskreutz acknowledged that he was not fired upon until he pointed his pistol at Rittenhouse. Meanwhile, Rittenhouse had an AR-15 (which he said he bought because it looked cool) aimed at Grosskreutz the whole time.

So, if Grosskreutz shot Rittenhouse (who had just killed a person and was an active shooter), would that also be self-defense? Wouldn't Grosskreutz have a better argument because Rittenhouse's gun was aimed at him first and it was an AR-15 and not just a pistol? If two people are in a standoff aiming guns at each other, does the person who shoots first just automatically get off because self defense?

Guns and gun nuts are the fucking worst.

Last edited:
They think Rittenhouse is a good guy so he was the good guy with a gun. #goteam

Driving across state lines with an illegally-obtained weapon to march into a riot is not aggressive?

Defending your business from rioters is one thing. But if I had gone to DC on 1/6 with an illegal weapon and started shooting the insurrectionists because they came at me, I still think I would be more than a bit culpable. I mean, I had no reason to be there in the first place.
Did he drive across state lines with a gun, or did he get the gun after crossing? It’s not like he traveled massive distances, he lived right outside of town just across a state line like 10min away.

Also A pudgy little 16yo was begging for trouble when he showed up to a riot/warzone with a gun thinking it was some sort of cosplay, and hard to feel sorry for the kid if he is convicted but rule of law should still apply regardless of whether or not he’s a piece of shit.

I've seen some stuff on social media with parents claiming they would be proud if their child turned out like Kyle R. WTF? It would mean you raised a little beta pussy who has to hide behind a scary looking AR living out his cosplay fantasies.

Armed protests outside of the homes of prominent GOP lawmakers is the only way this shit changes. You have to take the violence to the suburbs and make their families terrified. They want guns? Let’s bring them guns.

I mean my question is, has enough evidence been shown that shows people chasing after him and stuff? I don't know how much to trust the wikipedia descriptions of the events.

Armed protests outside of the homes of prominent GOP lawmakers is the only way this shit changes. You have to take the violence to the suburbs and make their families terrified. They want guns? Let’s bring them guns.

Not sure that’s gonna end the way you hope.

Cops are going to come and beat the shit out of them. Cops and Republicans don’t believe in gun rights for people they disagree with.

Nothing like a little grassroots terrorism to prove you're better than the other guy who wanders into other communities looking for violence.

I still don't understand why he was allowed to bar the prosecution from using the word "victim" in a murder trial.

Is it true he allowed that the alleged victims could still be referred to as arsonist, rioters and looters? If so, i hope they have video of their setting fires and stealing.

There is a segment of the defense bar that prefers the term "complaining witness", since the use of the term "victim" implies that someone is guilty (and thus only the inquiry is to identify the perpetrator). I have heard that objection before this case.

Law review article here: https://digital.sandiego.edu/sdlr/vol57/iss2/4/

Any chance you want to continue more productive posts like this as your primary style?

He actually didn't. From what I heard on Opening Arguments, he said they could be called looters and rioters in the closing argument if they could be proven as such.

I think there's horrible stuff the judge has done, but victims and looters / rioters aren't part of it. And, they're not going to be why Rittenhouse is going to walk free.

I saw this after my primary response. How are they going to prove "as such" without a trial to determine it? Those victims are dead and cannot defend themselves.

This also seems absurd that it must be proven by they prosecutor that the defendant was not acting in self-defense. I had "assumed" the burden of proof has been determining that the defendant committed the act, then the defense has to prove the mitigating circumstance of why they killed someone. I guess I had just misunderstood that all along. I guess i have watched too much Dateline.

Is there evidence that the defendant was the aggressor? If not, why can't he defend himself? What should the law be? Is it different inside an ongoing riot?

Is this a joke? He drove to (was driven?) the riot with an AR-15. Why did he take a rifle if he didn't think he might use it? If he thought he might be in a position to need deadly force to defend himself why the fuck did he go?

Is this the "It's just not safe to burn businesses in this town anymore" argument?

Again, show evidence the victims were burning down businesses or give up this bullshit argument. Further, is the typical punishment for that death penalty?

Is this a joke? He drove to (was driven?) the riot with an AR-15. Why did he take a rifle if he didn't think he might use it? If he thought he might be in a position to need deadly force to defend himself why the fuck did he go?

also, wasn't he telling people he was an EMT there to help? the fuck EMT carries a gun?

Back