• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

my buddy is a doctor in the Navy and the amount of money spent on him beyond the performance of his actual job is nuts

For some reason this discussion reminded me of the 80s sci-fi movie The Last Starfighter, where a teen who is a champion at some 80s arcade video game gets recruited by good guy aliens to be a starfighter and save the galaxy from an invasion of alien bad guys. Not a bad flick back in the day. Anyway, sorry for the digression, carry on.

Loved this movie as a kid.

i took the ASVAB in high school as an excuse to get out of class for a day and got calls from recruiters well into my junior year in college.

In the 80s military recruiters called our house constantly trying to recruit my brother and I. If you showed one iota of interest they ramped up for a few weeks.

Military as a MLM.

In our school it wasnt even an option. They just had everyone take it. That was in 2000

In our school it wasnt even an option. They just had everyone take it. That was in 2000

same, minus the year. I remember the Army sent me a Mach 3 razor and can of shaving cream on my 18th bday. "Now that you're a man, here is a tool you will need, but we can provide more tools for you" or something along those lines.

same, minus the year. I remember the Army sent me a Mach 3 razor and can of shaving cream on my 18th bday. "Now that you're a man, here is a tool you will need, but we can provide more tools for you" or something along those lines.

lol oof army posted cringe

So how would Trump actually ban Tik Tok?

So how would Trump actually ban Tik Tok?

From what I understand, the most they could do is force a sale to an American group through the Council on Foreign Investment. They did that with grinder, but there was a strong case that there were national security implications if someone was blackmailed through their Grindr data. Not sure that case is there with TikTok

From what I understand, the most they could do is force a sale to an American group through the Council on Foreign Investment. They did that with grinder, but there was a strong case that there were national security implications if someone was blackmailed through their Grindr data. Not sure that case is there with TikTok

Yeah this is about the only reasonable way I’ve seen mentioned. Regardless this will lead to litigation as a first amendment issue (and rightfully so - independent of your thoughts on the Chinese security issue this is a balance worth analyzing).

Get rid of Tiktok I will allow all your batshit stuff and propaganda to remain on Facebook, seems legit. Also I thought they were going to sell it to Microsoft and the administration blocked it, which yeah would make the first theory even more relevant.

Does this have something to do with the microchips Gates is putting in the vaccine?

"I'm Back" by AZ starts to play

Republicans are getting comfortable with covid deaths. "We have to open NOW! No one gets upset at flu deaths. There is an acceptable level of death."

Democrats love to talk that progressive shit and then vote against progressive bills. It's just a huge fucking coincidence that none of their bullshit soundbites ever turn into actual policy because either it's not the right time to take a stand, or the proposal isn't realistic. Waiting for a Democrat to support progressive policy is like waiting for Lucy to let you kick the football. I'll wait the rest of my life for a Democrat to say "ok, this election isn't very important, go ahead and vote your conscience." Their whole fucking grift depends on perpetually escalating the stakes. The apocalypse could strike and we'd still be scared to raise middle class taxes. It's Hellworld.

Western Massachusetts votes like New Hampshire. Strategic campaigning.

Back