• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I can't imagine any scenario where it would make sense for someone to use a nuclear weapon there. Special services has claimed it was a fireworks warehouse, but that seems suspect. It rocked buildings in Cyprus, over 150 miles away.

I am no nuclear expert, but that didn't look like a fireworks explosion. Almost like a tactical nuclear weapon with a small warhead.

It sounds like the death toll could increase quite substantially, with at least a couple nearby hospitals being damaged beyond use as well. The blast zone is enormous. The airport looks wrecked and it's on the opposite side of downtown.

This video is crazy.

In that 2nd video it certainly looks like a bunch of fireworks are going off before the big boom

Little boy was something like a 15 kiloton blast
Which means it was the equivalent of 15,000 tons of tnt exploding. (Which is tiny compared to modern nukes)
That was a big boom, no reason to think that a thousand tons of explosives of some kind couldnt be in a large warehouse, creating a "small nukelike" blast

i guess i've always associated mushroom clouds with nukes and don't know what other explosives/explosions would form that way, but I'm here to be educated

i guess i've always associated mushroom clouds with nukes and don't know what other explosives/explosions would form that way, but I'm here to be educated

The interior minister has now said it was ammonium nitrate, which I think was the cause of that huge explosion in Texas 10 years ago.

another missile defense policy wonk

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Thank goodness. Thanks for posting this. That video was fucking nuts.

Back