• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

He also the shitstain who said restaurants should close at the beginning of the pandemic. Electing him would be like electing Brad. It’s not advisable.

It’s funny to me that Wake Forest grads misspell Dan Forest.

When I think of him I keep thinking of Forrest Gump, mainly I guess because of his stupid "Run Forest Run" ads. So I tend to spell it either way. But yeah, it's Forest.

You know what you did. Don’t back down. Just admit it. I didn’t call out Bernie for being Jewish. I wasn’t using “code.” You hate me. Whatever. But reading anti-Semitism into my post is unnecessary. I shoudn’t have to agree with everything you say to count on your scorecard as not anti-Semitic.

I’m not sure what that has to do with my point or your disagreement with it.

Ten years from now the movement will be heavily influenced by young people who will barely remember who Sanders is. And it’s a forward looking movement that won’t dwell on the past with “party of Reagan” type worship.

It’s an argument about the nature of truth. 2+2=4 is only true under specific parameters. 2+2=5 is quite possible outside of those parameters such as 2.4+2.4=4.8.

2+2 and 2.4+2.4 are two different equations. Is this the math you are using for your classes and papers? No wonder why you are so lost. Your graduate institution should be proud.

If you drop the decimal point, you don't use it for rounding purposes. Algerba II and Chem 10th grade.

I don't think that's how math works.

Yes it is. If I have three measurements of 2.643, 2.632 and 2.633 but I'm only certain enough to the first decimal, I have 2.6+2.6+2.6, whose total only equals 7.8, not 7.9.

In the social sciences you are looking for p-Values of .10, .05, and. 01. Decimal places and surety matter.

Also, if I post past 2.6 without being clear, it is academically dishonest.

So 2 plus 2, without notation, is always 4.

Last edited:
People are really pissed about not being able to go the gym. Like 90% of the people on my FB feed pissed at Governor Cooper mention the gyms being closed.

I hear this too. Its summer, go outside and do some jogging. I believe it's jogging, or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time

I said 2+2=4 under specific parameters.

centerdeac disagreed with me.

Then he went on to say 2+2=4 under specific parameters.

Are you a social scientist or not? If so 2 plus 2 is always 4. Unless, of course, you want to redefine 2, which has been discussed.

Last edited:
PH relativist. Manipulating data and results to get what you want.

Yes it is. If I have three measurements of 2.643, 2.632 and 2.633 but I'm only certain enough to the first decimal, I have 2.6+2.6+2.6, whose total only equals 7.8, not 7.9.

I’d suggest that if you have an inaccurate measurement tool you should take multiple measurements then estimate and report a variance rather than just drop a couple decimal places and ignore the uncertainty. You’ll never actually know what the sum of those three measurements are because you don’t actually know the measurements, so you shouldn’t pretend that you do.

Anyway, 2+2 definitely equals 4.

I can certainly have an Excel spreadsheet where I round to the integer place that would show two plus two equals five

I can certainly have an Excel spreadsheet where I round to the integer place that would show two plus two equals five

I always love the douchebags in meetings that say 'why does it only add to 99%' or 'why does it add to 101%"....

What did everybody have for breakfast ?

Me: Kashi cereal, banana, coffee

What did everybody have for breakfast ?

Me: Kashi cereal, banana, coffee
nkry7.jpg

Watched Starship Troopers last night. I probably originally saw it close to its release, so I would have been ~13, and thought it was just a dumb action movie. Interesting to watch it now with more of an understanding of the political commentary.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-starship-troopers-aligns-with-our-moment-of-american-defeat

Umberto Eco’s essay on fascism:
https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

Anyone else have any recommended readings on fascism?

Back