• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

i had to google that to see if it was really an NY opinion piece and not the pitchbot

i can't fucking believe it

there is this bit:

"After recent focus groups with Democratic-leaning voters on the economy; younger women on work, relationships and gender roles; and teenagers on school and their futures, we decided to talk to conservative men about how they see themselves and what they value."

and

"This is the seventh group in our series America in Focus, which seeks to hear and understand the views of cross-sections of Americans whose voices are often not heard in opinion journalism."

lol

ChrisL’s ideal candidate:

Angry Twitter leftists need something irrelevant to obsess about when not posting Guillotine GIFs. This is as good as any I guess.

I've stopped reading such articles, as they nearly always just repeat the same themes over and over, but after seeing this particular article get repeatedly highlighted, slammed, and ridiculed on twitter and other media I decided to read it. All 8 men complain that they "don't know their own country anymore", that masculinity just isn't prized anymore, that they don't feel free to express their opinions at work anymore, and on and on.

Some highlights (or lowlights): "our focus group leader, Kristen Soltis Anderson, was surprised by how much they used examples of poor road etiquette as emblematic of broader societal decay."

"There’s a lot of things you really can’t talk about. I was mentioning to someone in my office about the president appointing a Supreme Court nominee. It was an African American woman. And I was saying, “That’s the most racist thing you could do. What if somebody else was good? What if they were Asian? What if they were anything?” And then when you speak to somebody about it, well, what are you? Racist? No, I’m not racist."

"Who would you all think of as good examples of masculinity or manliness these days? Who’s a good example?" Answers: Jason Statham, Tom Brady, Denzel Washington

"Do you think the definition of masculinity or manliness has changed over your lifetime?" "This country has become more feminized. It’s not the way it was when I was growing up. We started off talking about how the country has a weak image. They don’t call women the weaker sex for no reason. Men are necessary to maintain a vibrant society. And we’ve been feminized."

"I support feminism, but I don’t support modern feminism. I think that modern feminism is focused on so-called toxic masculinity, and they are actually purveyors of men-bashing."

"I’m not trying to get into a negative men-versus-women thing, but I’m seeing masculinity under attack. And I’m seeing men wearing tight skinny jeans, with no socks and velvet shoes. And it’s cool to wear pink. I don’t mind wearing pink. It’s a cool color. And I’m not saying colors belong with a certain gender."

"It’s like, you’re a woman, you’re given a trophy. If a guy does something, it’s not a big deal. If girls do the same thing, it’s like, you go! Girl power! I think her gender plays a bigger role, and it gives her more advantage these days — be it career or anything."

"A show-of-hands question: Do you think sexism is a major problem in America today?" (Nobody raises their hand) "And do you think racism is a major problem in America today?" (Nobody raises their hand) "The media tries to make it a problem, but I don’t think it’s a problem" "It doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It just means that it’s not as problematic as people make it sound. They take the molehill, and they try to turn it into a mountain, yeah."

And so on and on.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

So they’re shitheads with little skill to offer who are having a tough time making it in a slightly more egalitarian society.

Their examples are two older action movie actors and an old QB. If I remember correctly, Brady started dating Giselle when Bridget Moynihan was still pregnant with their first son. Masculinity for them is about looking tough on a screen, not actual behavior.

Last edited:
Abbott also put some immigrants on a bus to DC and offloaded them at the Fox News building. isn't that considered human trafficking?

So they’re shitheads with little skill to offer who are having a tough time making it in a slightly more egalitarian society.

Their examples are two older action movie actors and an old QB. If I remember correctly, Brady started dating Giselle when Bridget Moynihan was still pregnant with their first son. Masculinity for them is about looking tough on a screen, not actual behavior.

It was interesting to see what triggered them - people running red lights, people unfriending them on Facebook, and men wearing skinny jeans, shoes without socks, pink clothing and accessories, and acting (in their view) effeminitely.

It was interesting to see what triggered them - people running red lights, people unfriending them on Facebook, and men wearing skinny jeans, shoes without socks, pink clothing and accessories, and acting (in their view) effeminitely.

just angry their little peckers got hard when around men in tight jeans and pink shirts

Speaking of Nazi Tucker, Christian Smalls, who spearheaded the Amazon union organizing, went on his show to help Tucker slam AOC for abandoning them, along with the rest of the squad.

I guess we don't like AOC anymore and we're slamming her on a Nazi show? Cool, cool.

Why is the federal government allowing a state to control the border ?

Speaking of Nazi Tucker, Christian Smalls, who spearheaded the Amazon union organizing, went on his show to help Tucker slam AOC for abandoning them, along with the rest of the squad.

I guess we don't like AOC anymore and we're slamming her on a Nazi show? Cool, cool.

giphy.gif

Back