• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Plus undoubtedly he'll make more money and have lots more freedom to do wack things now that he doesn't have to pretend he's working as a Congressman. He can swim full-time in the MAGA cesspool.

Right, he'll be hosting a show on NewsMax or some shit this time next year.

What's the word on the Dem in that race, Jasmine Beach-Ferrara? Seems nice based on her bio. Lesbian minister and Buncombe County Commissioner.

Nice lady who would make a good Congressman. I expect her to lose by a wide margin and be a drag on local Democratic candidates in the fall.

Right, he'll be hosting a show on NewsMax or some shit this time next year.

I could see him working for Charlie Kirk and TPUSA, getting the yutes on board. He'll undoubtedly do plenty of speeches and have a book about how he went to DC as a wide-eyed young man to take on the Swamp but the Swamp rejected him.

thats-bait.gif
Not really sure why this would be bait. All I have seen today is the establishment get fully behind Fetterman, who seems to have alot of views that would be deal breakers for progressives if he wasn't on "the team".

Last edited:
You don't have to respond if you have nothing to add.......twice.

Not really sure why this would be bait. All I have seen today is the establishment get fully behind Fetterman, who seems to have alot of views that would be deal breakers for progressives if he wasn't on "the team".

I honestly don’t know much about him. Out of curiosity, what views do you mean?

I honestly don’t know much about him. Out of curiosity, what views do you mean?
Pro Israel Pro fracking he's Pro m4a but good w aca expansion anti defund police. Somehow he's become the progressive twitter darling.

Aligning himself with Joe Manchin was probably a smart move when Conor Lamb was running in a Trump +20 district that bordered West Virginia, but I imagine that hurt him in a Dem primary in 2022.

Fetterman got tons of air time mocking Republicans while the votes were being counted in PA in 2020, which took the better part of a week. I don't think Lamb was ever able to introduce himself to voters.

Anyway, Fetterman's not perfect, but certainly better than Lamb. Hopefully his campaign is able to successfully tag his opponent with the fact that he moved (or pretended to move) to the state to run for Senate.

Aligning himself with Joe Manchin was probably a smart move when Conor Lamb was running in a Trump +20 district that bordered West Virginia, but I imagine that hurt him in a Dem primary in 2022.

Fetterman got tons of air time mocking Republicans while the votes were being counted in PA in 2020, which took the better part of a week. I don't think Lamb was ever able to introduce himself to voters.

Anyway, Fetterman's not perfect, but certainly better than Lamb. Hopefully his campaign is able to successfully tag his opponent with the fact that he moved (or pretended to move) to the state to run for Senate.

I just hope his stroke wasn't too serious and that he makes a quick recovery. Of all this year's Senate races, I think the Democrats have the best chance of picking up a Senate seat in PA. They have a decent chance in some other states - NC, OH, maybe WI - but PA is the best chance.

Yeah, but why would that be a down ballot drag for elections in Buncombe County? Dems have no chance outside Buncombe County anyway.

Yeah, but why would that be a down ballot drag for elections in Buncombe County? Dems have no chance outside Buncombe County anyway.

It won’t affect Buncombe County. Democrats still win offices like Clerk or Court, Register of Deeds, school board, etc… outside of Buncombe. But the Party’s ability to win those is diminishing especially since the rise of Trump. So you’re probably right, it won’t matter much.

In the worst-kept secret in DC media this month, Jen Psaki finally announces she's going to MSNBC. If Rachel Maddow decides she's really done, I'd love to see her get that 9 p.m. slot.

https://twitter.com/jrpsaki/status/1529105955761410053

Thought I heard maddow was live one night a week and on streaming for some other schedule. Maybe not.

That would still leave a 9:00 slot open 4 days a week.

Back