• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I'm not sure that you're grasping the point here.

It's possible to make a personal decision while also not being a condescending dick with clear prejudice against drag queens.

There are different parenting styles out there, one of which seeks to minimize social distance through exposure to experiences outside of one's particular residential bubble. It doesn't sound like that's yours, which is fine, but again, not really the point. It's just possible to say, "that's not for me, but I'm happy it exists for folks who want to do it" instead of whatever the last few hours of posting has looked like.

well he can’t do that because he’s a fucking douche or playing one on the boards

I will say that statistically speaking kids are far more likely to be physically an emotionally damaged by a priest or a preacher than by a drag queen.

Or a cop.

Or a suburban dad.

Note: Some suburban dads are drag queens.

Biff may be worried he may recognize someone from the country club reading to kids.

I took my kids to a drag show once and we had a fucking blast.

I know the MAGAts already hate Disney, but kinda surprised they haven't gone after the Little Mermaid, whose villain is based on a famous drag queen

I know the MAGAts already hate Disney, but kinda surprised they haven't gone after the Little Mermaid, whose villain is based on a famous drag queen

Making the drag queen evil is the one thing Disney did right!

The hero is the girly girl and the villain is the drag queen checks out

that's true. and the moral of the story is the girl needs to shut the fuck the up to get the guy.

Vince McMahon pays 3 million in hush money to cover up an affair and has to step down as CEO of the WWE. Donald Trump pays 100k in hush money to cover up an affair and he gets 74 million votes. If only the US had share holders.

MTG now instructing Proud Boys and other MAGA types to dress respectable when protesting drag queen shows and school boards. No more flying the PB colors, instead try blending in with the crowd.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Because they're easy to stigmatize and shame.

I would like to delve deeper into that - why do you believe that group of people are easier to stigmatize? If we are generalizing, I don’t think a trans woman is more physically vulnerable than a trans male, same goes for a drag queen vs a drag king - no one seems to be worried about women sneaking into Mens bathrooms, but it is obviously apparent that our society is more afraid/ offended by them. I honestly wonder why that is.

I don't think it's that complicated. Testosterone is powerful: trans men can grow beards and muscle and sometimes pass but many trans women can not pass, even with hormone replacement therapy. That makes some people uncomfortable and they respond to their discomfort with bigotry and violence against the people that are more visibly violating their idea of gender.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

I don't think it's that complicated. Testosterone is powerful: trans men can grow beards and muscle and sometimes pass but many trans women can not pass, even with hormone replacement therapy. That makes some people uncomfortable and they respond to their discomfort with bigotry and violence against the people that are more visibly violating their idea of gender.

Your hypothesis is seemingly based on “passing” trans men vs trans women who aren’t passing. I would challenge that and say that our society is mostly unconcerned with trans men, passing or not. I agree with you that people are uncomfortable with their idea of gender being violated, but I believe that the main focus of that fear or anger is directed toward people with male physical characteristics appropriating female gender traits.

Back