• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Just checking but did Chris police content when he criticized kory’s suggestions about examining trans writings

I wasn't criticizing his suggestions, which I think have merit. I was criticizing his dismissal of the conversation because it didn't meet his parameters.

I wasn't criticizing his suggestions, which I think have merit. I was criticizing his dismissal of the conversation because it didn't meet his parameters.

so you're saying it depends on what your definition of is is?

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Anybody had any thoughts on Juneteenth? A lot of us probably have the day off work on Monday for it. I asked a few of my Black coworkers what they thought about White people saying “Happy Juneteenth” to Black people.

Anybody had any thoughts on Juneteenth? A lot of us probably have the day off work on Monday for it. I asked a few of my Black coworkers what they thought about White people saying “Happy Juneteenth” to Black people.

What did they say

Two things that I feel like need clarification.

Drag queens aren’t trans women. Trans women aren’t drag queens. A trans woman could possibly do drag but their everyday life as a woman is not drag.

Kory, are you asking people on an internet message board to come out as trans in order to gain legitimacy in an argument?

I’m glad it’s being recognized. I’m meh that it’s a holiday probably because it doesn’t impact me. I don’t like that the people who don’t get holidays are probably disproportionately Black. Forcing Black people to work in a Juneteenth holiday seems against the purpose.

I’m not really cool with White people making a big deal out of it. I’m very happy attempts to corporatize it are being resisted like the Walmart Juneteenth ice cream. I don’t want what happened to Pride month to happen to Juneteenth.

i'm saying you can think about it all you want and talk with as many non trans people as you want but it's not a worthwhile conversation if you're not including any trans people in it

I felt like this required clarification.

I’m not really cool with White people making a big deal out of it.

This is what I was concerned about. As a white, especially in the rural south, it’s not clear how to best respectfully acknowledge or celebrate Juneteenth. Want to add, I spoke with my work friends who are Black, I didn’t just ask random Black people. They all had different opinions on it - two of them just learned about it recently. 1 of them said they hoped White people would not approach them about it, the others said they were cool with white people saying “Happy Juneteenth” in the same way that we address other National holidays

Drag queens aren’t trans women. Trans women aren’t drag queens. A trans woman could possibly do drag but their everyday life as a woman is not drag.

One of the guys from my friends group that I go to music concerts with is a hard core Trumper listens to hannity...........and is also a straight guy who likes to cross dress from time to time. Full nine yards wig makeup dress pumps.

why would that require or request anyone to come out

If you are inviting mdmh to include trans people in a message board conversation then it is kind of inviting other people on the message board to identify themselves as trans.

Not requiring, but it is an invitation. I see Ph’s point.

by "include" I don't mean literally invite them to post

when I mentioned Stryker and Halberstam I thought that was self-evident whoops

I don’t like that the people who don’t get holidays are probably disproportionately Black. Forcing Black people to work in a Juneteenth holiday seems against the purpose.

Glad you mentioned this, it’s a sharp insight on the intersection of race and class in America.

I always believed Dump wouldn't run (or better yet) get nominated again.
I now believe Biden will not either.

Back