• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I had a yankee friend when I was a student whut said he loved the south…everbody always so friendly-like…waitresses especially!

I heard about "carpet baggers" my whole life, but it was only recently that I learned carpetbaggers were Northerners who came to the South during Reconstruction to help Black people.

It's possible that the term came to be used to describe some northerners who came south specifically to help black people, but I think the implication was that the carpetbaggers came specifically to exploit southern resources during Reconstruction. I suspect that it may have been applied to both at one time or another, but its origin didn't explicitly have to do with people helping formerly enslaved people.

"Scalawag" is another interesting one

is this a safe place to talk about how katie porter should run for president in 2024?

is this a safe place to talk about how katie porter should run for president in 2024?

ugh i wish

another half-assed harris run at the white house might be the death of me

what does the bench look like from your vantage point, buckets?

ugh i wish

another half-assed harris run at the white house might be the death of me

what does the bench look like from your vantage point, buckets?

it's not good - after harris it's probably (in order of likelihood - not personal preference): mayor pete, elizabeth warren, tulsi, gavin newsom, maybe salwell

i think we need to get up and get the katie porter train rolling now!

it's not good - after harris it's probably (in order of likelihood - not personal preference): mayor pete, elizabeth warren, tulsi, gavin newsom, maybe salwell

#PorterIn

Problem with Southern Women is we got such a hog problem down south. However you take the upper tier in the south it is definitely greater than the north, also the south technically has Miami, and the north has fucking Boston. This really isn’t a comparison. Thicc latinas for the win.

Probably SoCal could make a run for best in nation.

An expert observer once quipped

...well east coast girls are hip, I really dig those styles they wear

How the Cory Bookers have fallen.

Perfect choice for centrists Democrats. Maybe she can reach across the aisle and work with Republican insurrectionists.

great thought. no more insurrections to stop the peaceful transfer of power to appease the dems but she'll sign off on a modern 3/5 compromise that allows dem votes to count partially toward electoral college votes. win/win for 'Merica !!

Back