Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 2527

Thread: Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    Good ol' twitter, as reliable as ever.
    Hey, it's not all bad, the kid still made out. I wish someone had given me 30k for being a shithead when I was 17.
    Draxx them sklounst

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Hey, it's not all bad, the kid still made out. I wish someone had given me 30k for being a shithead when I was 17.
    Indeed. And better still, he gets to remain a hero to the right. If memory serves Angus just adored him.

  3. #63
    surprised more Sandmans haven't gone for paydays of their own

  4. #64

  5. #65
    Earlier this month, Tlaib successfully added a major amendment to the infrastructure plan Democrats pushed through the House to add $22.5 billion for the replacement of lead pipes that contribute to the poisoning of children ó notably in Tlaibís home state of Michigan itself. As the Detroit Metro Times reports, she has also helped to bring in hundreds of millions of dollars for local hospitals, Veteran Affairs services, student loan forgiveness, and utilities assistance, and has maintained close contact with constituents through several active neighborhood service centers.
    challengers to squad incumbents don't want to do these things

  6. #66
    The establishment see the squad building national name recognition, and they're scared because that's how politicians build and keep power. The very worst incumbents stay in office forever because every voter remembers their name. The key to national politics is to become a celebrity - when the Republicans start talking shit about you and tweeting out your name, that's instant credibility
    Draxx them sklounst

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    Indeed. And better still, he gets to remain a hero to the right. If memory serves Angus just adored him.

    Stupid people adore stupid people.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    The establishment see the squad building national name recognition, and they're scared because that's how politicians build and keep power. The very worst incumbents stay in office forever because every voter remembers their name. The key to national politics is to become a celebrity - when the Republicans start talking shit about you and tweeting out your name, that's instant credibility

  9. #69
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Itís pretty standard for challengers to argue that the incumbent has lost touch with the district. I donít see how thatís unique to challengers to the squad.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís pretty standard for challengers to argue that the incumbent has lost touch with the district. I donít see how thatís unique to challengers to the squad.
    And unevidenced or presented with false evidence to make the point, sure. Not new here, nor is using corporate or PAC or even GOP money. Left has to stand on its own two feet to fend off these challenges just like the establishment will have to do so with primary challenges to the left.

  11. #71
    He gets name recognition for the next time he runs, which is very important since no one has heard of the Kennedys.

  12. #72
    Has the nipple sweat in Trump's golfing photo with Favre been discussed yet?

  13. #73
    Iím not a big Kennedy fan but the reason he ran is obvious: he believes he can win and thinks heís a better fit overall than Markey. I disagree but I donít think thereís any great puzzle. I do have some frustration about his running but for the time being there isnít a great choice of statewide offices to pick from. You can primary Markey or Warren next time sheís up or you can run for governor in 2022 against one of the post popular governors in the country.

  14. #74
    And as someone who has dealt with their fair share of lawsuits similar to the Kentucky one, the guy on twitter is absolutely right. I checked the remaining causes of action and the only thing recoverable is actual damages under state law. Further the insurance company is 100 percent going to cheaply settle a case where the litigation costs (even ďjustĒ through summary judgment where the case would assuredly end as there is a very small remaining dispute between the parties - so the entire discovery process plus costs associated with drafting and filing the SJ motion) are pretty wild.

  15. #75
    I do expect Maura Healey (current AG) to mount a run against Baker in 2022 FWIW. Sheís a great candidate and very popular as well.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    The Kennedys have always been a pretty arrogant bunch, and my guess is that they see Massachusetts as their family fiefdom. Why shouldn't the next generation have that Senate seat - it's rightfully theirs by inheritance. Or so they probably think. Whether Markey has been a good Senator and deserves to keep the seat probably doesn't enter into their calculations, he's just in their way. Young Joe wants to keep climbing the political ladder, so young Joe should get what he wants. That's how political dynasties tend to think.

  17. #77
    The notion that higher political office can be a "family business" to be passed down the generations, in America, is ridiculous IMO. Why are people so desperate for monarchy?
    Draxx them sklounst

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Iím not a big Kennedy fan but the reason he ran is obvious: he believes he can win and thinks heís a better fit overall than Markey. I disagree but I donít think thereís any great puzzle. I do have some frustration about his running but for the time being there isnít a great choice of statewide offices to pick from. You can primary Markey or Warren next time sheís up or you can run for governor in 2022 against one of the post popular governors in the country.
    "a better fit overall"?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    The notion that higher political office can be a "family business" to be passed down the generations, in America, is ridiculous IMO. Why are people so desperate for monarchy?
    It is ironic that in a democratic republic we have had so many political families, but there have been lots of them - the Tafts, Kennedys, Bushes, Rockefellers, Roosevelts, Stevensons, and so on. And for them it is very much a family business. For voters I think part of the appeal is that a family dynasty is a name brand, like a familiar consumer product. It certainly fits with our consumer culture - the Kennedys are like Coke, and the Bushes are Pepsi, and so on.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 07-27-2020 at 12:38 PM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    Indeed. And better still, he gets to remain a hero to the right. If memory serves Angus just adored him.
    guarandamntee you he and his douchy buddies got a bunch of booze and weed and threw a party with that money and they all danced like the Native American man they were smugly mocking with their dumb MAGA hats on into the night and then violated some women

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •