• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Mdmh seems like a guy who never gets the Buffalo hot wings because he’s obsessed with the teriyaki.

lol I don't know what that means but its true, I like Teriyaki way more than buffalo. They're too saucy and not spicy enough, like ketchup wings. I did make some dope bloody mary buffalo wings a few years back for a super bowl party.

What does he find unacceptable about it? I've seen people take issue with it but they don't point out what they think is historically inaccurate.

I dunno. Truth hurts?

I guess. It's a pretty straightforward. Slave traders settled down and became slave owners. Once slavery was illegal, slave owners formed the KKK. KKK members were cops during segregation. Cops during segregation stayed cops after segregation.

Where's the lie?

Unlike trump, he's not ready to say the quiet part out loud?

I guess they think there was some point where people who owned slaves and their spiritual and intellectual ancestors stopped being racist. But when?

They think Barack Obama proved racism is over.

They think the election of Barack Obama proves the US isn't racist, but they're not racist for voting against Obama.

This is the American healthcare system

I haven't watched cable much in the last few weeks but on Hulu I'm getting a lot of anti-Tillis PAC ads about his ties to the insurance industry. Previously Cunningham had some ads of his own, but I haven't seen those in a while. Then, last night, I started seeing my first anti-Cunningham ad, which had something to do with bad trash bags he forced people to buy?

I haven't watched cable much in the last few weeks but on Hulu I'm getting a lot of anti-Tillis PAC ads about his ties to the insurance industry. Previously Cunningham had some ads of his own, but I haven't seen those in a while. Then, last night, I started seeing my first anti-Cunningham ad, which had something to do with bad trash bags he forced people to buy?

Trying to watch the evening news on Hulu(with ads) is damn near unbearable with political ads. I’ve seen a few anti-Cunningham ads hitting him for calling to repeal Trumps tax cuts and for expenses(?) as a state legislator. Thom Tillis basically scaring people in the ads that electing Cunningham would cost them their job (because taxes)

Has anyone else pulled the trigger on deleting/deactivating facebook? I did so last night.

Him saying he knows the testing material costs 8 dollars is also probably not accurate either, maybe if they are doing it as a single test and just wasting resources (They probably are). You could run that test in a 96 well plate in triplicate with 30 other people's samples, for 10 cents a sample. You feel like also testing for 99 other potential biomarkers, add 3 cents for each one.

That’s your response to the test costing 10 thousand dollars?

There is basically an order of operations though, right? If we don't have control of our own elections, how can we ever hope to control health care policy. Step 1) Get the Russians out of our elections, Step 2) get money and corporations out of our elections, Step 3) fix the completely broken health care system, Step 4) Profit?

That’s your response to the test costing 10 thousand dollars?

I see why Ph is so sick of you, you've got the progressive stick up your ass and it gives you a jolt anytime you can try to find something to be aggrieved about. I was saying that the cost of the testing is even less than 8 dollars making it even more ridiculous. We deal with this all the time where a company comes and says we have a test, it does this this and this. What is the cost, oh its only 200 dollars a test. Ok, well it can't be used in global health your costs need to be less than a dollar so your target is the US healthcare market and overseas to private companies like mining.

Back