• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

People on Twitter asking for a GoFundMe page to help the people in the article are missing the damn point. GoFundMe is cheap bandaid on massive societal problems.

The myth of American charity...

A tiny badge of honor used to shield one’s self from the reality that you vote for candidates who enact policies which lead to destitution for millions of Americans. The occasional $20 donation isn't going to matter on Judgement Day when God looks at your past voting record.

Last edited:
I like all the we honor the 3,000 innocent people lost on 9/11 posts from the America fuck yeah crowd that refuse to wear a mask during a pandemic that has killed 200,000 through complete incompetency. Its crazy town to see but then again these people aren't know for complicated thoughts.

in a continued assault against the military, Trump admin has removed the POW flag from the WH.

classy move

The decent to rock bottom continues. Should not continue to be surprised that they have not found it yet.

I like all the we honor the 3,000 innocent people lost on 9/11 posts from the America fuck yeah crowd that refuse to wear a mask during a pandemic that has killed 200,000 through complete incompetency. Its crazy town to see but then again these people aren't know for complicated thoughts.

Yep. We laugh about Trump running for re-election on being the best person to deal with problems created in Trump's America. All we have to do is remember that the Bush administration left the door open for 9/11 to happen, Republicans fully backed a BS war that we're still fighting, and people still think Republicans are stronger against terrorism.

The other takes are passable. #1 and #2 are inexcusable. Bush himself may not have fanned the flames, but the Republican Party under his watch surely did. And obviously, starting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan counts as anti-Muslim violence.

Wasn't there a lot of Muslim prejudice? Hell there still is. Not to mention we then went all Shock and Awe through out the middle east.

I mean sure trump probably would have made it worse but is that really a highlight for the two decades of islamophobia that is basically part of our culture?

That's an interesting question, how would Trump have made it worse after 9/11, within the realm of real possibilities? Like Nuke the middle east, probably not. You could say something like muslim internment camps but also probably more likely just extremely hateful rhetoric that gets his followers to do random acts of violence.

"Let's attack Afghanistan and Iraq for what these Saudis did" was bad enough. Trump's subservience to the Saudis would probably make things even worse.

Is there a good piece out there about why so many people are drawn to crazy conspiracies, and how the internet has amplified this to a scary degree? I mean...

So in retrospect what Bush did was absolutely terrible but is being cleansed by how awful Trump is, so trying to make a comparison of what Trump would have done is fantasizing. Some of you are really walking on edge these days.

Is there a good piece out there about why so many people are drawn to crazy conspiracies, and how the internet has amplified this to a scary degree? I mean...

Kurt Andersen's How America Went Haywire sticks out, though I've developed some lingering criticisms of the arg since I started thinking about conspiracy theories and their uptake through a psychoanalytic lens - Calum Matheson has a bunch of good academic articles on conspiracy and anxiety (Jade Helm, Sovereign Citizens, Gold)

Back