• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Anyone heard of these people? I tuned in to Finebaum for a half hour today for the first time in months. Some guy on there was talking about the brilliant doctor experts highlighted on Breitbart having some conference in DC about the real facts of the pandemic. "American doctors are holding a “White Coat Summit” on Capitol Hill Monday to address what they call “a massive disinformation campaign” surrounding the Chinese coronavirus to which “American life has fallen casualty.” They call themselves the "American Frontline Doctors" but I can't find anything about them anywhere.

Y’all are taking that Phillippa Soo tweet way differently than I did. My interpretation is that she was saying “men suck, men are pigs, you men need to take care of your own and stop letting them be shitheads”. Which I agree with.

Even taken that way the problem at its root is likely not toxic masculinity in a vacuum.

Anyone heard of these people? I tuned in to Finebaum for a half hour today for the first time in months. Some guy on there was talking about the brilliant doctor experts highlighted on Breitbart having some conference in DC about the real facts of the pandemic. "American doctors are holding a “White Coat Summit” on Capitol Hill Monday to address what they call “a massive disinformation campaign” surrounding the Chinese coronavirus to which “American life has fallen casualty.” They call themselves the "American Frontline Doctors" but I can't find anything about them anywhere.

I googled a few of the people they had listed as leaders of the summit and didn't see any doctors I would think of as frontline?

If you're looking for bloggers or ophthalmologists, however, they've got you covered.

Even taken that way the problem at its root is likely not toxic masculinity in a vacuum.

I was going to respond earlier "I don't think she meant to say *this* stupid thing, I think she meant to say *that* stupid thing. Regardless, there's no context on this topic where it matters that there are no women soldiers. Honestly, with how sexist our society is, any woman that would be included with "Trumps secret federal police" would probably have to be twice as fascist and cruel as the men. So maybe it's a good thing that none of them are women.

Material problem: fascist secret police disappearing people into vans
Symbolic problem: toxic masculinity

No, but you can tell us about your MyPillow purchases.

wrestling_buddy_alt.jpg

I googled a few of the people they had listed as leaders of the summit and didn't see any doctors I would think of as frontline?

If you're looking for bloggers or ophthalmologists, however, they've got you covered.

Rand Paul, Bashar al-Assad, these guys apparently...what's the deal with ophthalmology attracting all of these lunatics?

the Townie symbolic action thesis!

gotta work terministic screens in next

<failed state> is a good terministic screen

Where does causality fall into your thesis?

You mean symbolic problems causing material crises?

Case by case basis.

Gonna need to confirm their real MD credentials.

DNC platform committee voted down M4A

They voted down everything. Not surprising, but still very frustrating. This generation of Democratic leadership is less than hopeless - they're obstructionist , oblivious to voter preferences, and they absolutely have to be overcome in order for the party to adopt anything mildly progressive. Feeling very resentful, I have a lot less patience to talk about politics today.

They voted down everything. Not surprising, but still very frustrating. This generation of Democratic leadership is less than hopeless - they're obstructionist , oblivious to voter preferences, and they absolutely have to be overcome in order for the party to adopt anything mildly progressive. Feeling very resentful, I have a lot less patience to talk about politics today.

Not sure how that could be if Denis McDonough, who served as former President Barack Obama's chief of staff, called it the "boldest Democratic platform in American history."

Back